The 3 Week Trip

A/N: this chapter is in Hiccups P.O.V

Two days flew by since I saved Jack Frost from the frozen lake. He's been on my couch passed out since our last talk. Knowing my luck he was going to leave. He's the first outsider to talk to me ever since my dad died and now he is gonna leave. I mean Berk isn't even on the map and you can't stumbled onto it by simply walking around. We are our own, small island and we are more old fashioned than most places in the 21st century.

    Berk is home of the dragon riders. Now most don't know about us so we berkians usually keep a low profile. Only once every three months does someone spot us, but everyone knows of dragons. Of course as evil creatures but not us. We treat them with care and like one of our own.

     "Hiccup?" A womans voice boomed into the house, making me jump in fright.

    "Uh, hi," I said. "Astrid, what are you ah doing here?"

    Astrid stepped in with a smile stern across her face. "Oh you know, dropping by to see how you are holding up." She said.

   Astrid and I used to be a thing, but we had a falling out and haven't been more than friends lately. Its awkward at times but I got kind of used to it. Astrid was my prize 5 years ago. My one and only soul mate and we broke up just a few months ago. Guess soul mates was a little too much of a jump there.

    "I'm holding up great, as you can see everything is fine." I said.

    I heard a groan and snapped my head to see Jack slowly sitting up off the couch. His blue tipped white hair flowing in the small draft from the opened door made it really stand out from his face.

   "Hiccup?" He asked filling the room with a nice warm feeling.

   "Okay that's great, then. I should get going, Stormfly needs to eat. Nice seeing you Hiccup." She said, not even flinching when Jack called my name. She didn't even look at him.

    When the door closed I gulped in a giant was of spit and rushed to sit next to Jack. "Are you okay? Do you remember anything?" I asked.

    He glanced up, his bright blue eyes catching some moonlight from the opened window. It was barely past 7 at night and the moon shone brighter than ever.

    "I don't remember anything minus five names." He said. "Bunny, North, Tooth, Sandy and Pitch. Those are the only memories I have after waking up to see you."

    I cleared my throat. "So you have no idea what these names mean? Because it sounds go me like you are talking about the Easter bunny, Santa, Tooth fairy and sandman. I don't exactly understand Pitch though." I said.

    Jack cocked his head, smiling lightly. "Oh, is that so? The big 4 are the names I said. Really, Hic?" He said, chuckling to himself.

    I shrugged. "Well you never know." An idea popped into my head, making me gasp.

    "What? Why did you gasp so loudly?" Asked Jack, scared.

    I laughed. "Since you are obviously amnesic right now, why don't we summon one here?" I asked.

   Jack choked back a laugh. "Are you referring to summon a demon here? Last I heard they were being summoned to someone with an impala." He said.

    "What?" I asked, but before he answered I shook my head and raised my hands. "Okay look, obviously I was talking about summoning one of the guardians here. That is what they are called, correct?"

   Jack nodded. "I'm pretty sure."

   "Okay, so let's give it a try." He stood. "The only question is, where are we gonna find the materials to summon one." I asked. Even though I met Jack no longer than 2 days ago, I am helping him to summon a guardian. Gods help me.

   "Why don't we just go to the North pole." Jack said, staring at the ground blankly.

   I lifted a brow. "The north pole? Why?"

   Jack shrugged. "I can't help but feel like that would be the best place for me to go. You can take me right?" He asked with a smile so adorable I felt my cheeks heat up. Why were my cheeks heating up?

    "Uh, well... It could take us a while to get there. Why don't you just fly there?" I asked.

   He chuckled. "Because I am in no shape to use my powers. I am still recovering from 3 years in icy water. I could use your help Hiccup." He said, standing up onto his feet.

    I quickly stood up, putting my hands in my jacket pocket. "I guess that makes sense." I looked up, seeing Jack standing there filled with misery. His body slowched over and his face seemed sunken by what felt like despair. I sigh. "I will help you, although a trip that far could take us over 3 weeks considering the weather changes, Toothless taking breaks, food and bathroom breaks. Calculating that, I think it would be fun." I say.

   He grinned widely, showing off perfectly white teeth. His smile was so perfect. "I will grab all of my stuff, but first we need to get you into different clothes." I said, grabbing Jacks jacket sleeve and pulling him into my room. This trip I think will be fun. Especially cause it will give me time to know an outsider better.