BLACKOUTTUESDAY

hey all. I hope you understand my absence in the past weeks. At a time like this, when our world is so scary and cruel, it feels almost irrelevant to be writing.

I want to use my platform to speak out. I am not claiming to have a large presence, but anywhere I can post/talk about this, I will.

As someone with white privilege in America, I acknowledge that I cannot understand the severity of the injustice done to black people, but I will stand with you.

Please, I encourage you to join me in supporting Black Lives Matter. This post is aimed at Americans, because we are the country who is crumbling from racism, but any support helps. The notion that racism still exists today is mind boggling and disgusting. Below I will list what you can do to help.

•Text "FLOYD" to 55156 or call 612-348-5550 to demand the firing and charges of the officers.

•Educate yourself:
Know that "All Lives Matter" is an insensitive thing to say in response to BLM. Look up Vox's "Why you should stop saying 'all lives matter,' explained in 9 different ways" I tried to put the link but it's not working, I'll try to post it on my page.

• If you are are going to a protest, bring a med kit, a mask, and be aware of surroundings. Do not underestimate the effects of tear gas and rubber bullets. Safety is of upmost importance.

• Spread Awareness. Silence = Violence. If you notice someone posting something insensitive, try to respectfully ask them to take it down or enlighten them as to why it's insensitive. Remember, there are some people who are stubborn and won't budge on their views, and although this can be infuriating, do not lower yourself to their level of disrespect.

• If you are white, understand and acknowledge your privilege, and use it appropriately to fight racism. A good way to do this is to listen to other black activists/those speaking out to learn from their words and understand their point of view. Here are some on instagram:
@/LAYLAFSAAD @/RACHEL.CARGLE @/ADWOAABOAH and ofc @/JOHNBOYEGA

•There are multiple petitions you can sign:
A big one is on change.org and fights for the officers to be charged and fired. Again, I can't insert the link, but it is not difficult to find; just make sure you know what you are signing first.

•You can also donate to many organizations to help post bail for arrested organizers. Look for the bail donation in your state. Do not feel obliged to donate money, I understand that is asking a lot. It is just another way of helping.

There are many, many more ways you can help out, I know I did not cover them all. Feel free to reply with even more things we can do.

As a member of Generation Z, I understand my duty to speak out as a young adult.

No matter how old you are, however, I hope you realize that every voice matters and you use yours!

If you read this all, thank you for your time.