ch. 14; dad's celebrating their kid's first birthday!

_________
may the fourth be with you!! wooo happy star wars day everyone! [edit: it's now 1 am my time so technically not may 4th but shhh] in honor of today, I decided to continue the father series I started earlier!!  The father series is chapter 10, but you do not necessarily need to read them to understand this chapter (although it is recommended). Sorry if these are a bit short! My longer chapters are usually drafted and written over the span of a few days and I wrote this all today in between school work and star wars movies!! Check bottom for A/N
_________

Anakin

[ps I am using a/n for anonymous name for all the other characters, but you can pretend it's you anyways if you want!]

"My little prince is turning one today, I can't believe it," Anakin beamed proudly at his boy. "I remember the day your mommy told me she was pregnant with you,"

"Mama," the boy cooed.

Anakin nodded, "Yes, mama,"

"Dada,"

"That's me," Anakin pointed to his own chest. "And you," he now points to the boy, "are my little prince,"

"Would you stop calling him that? He's going to grow up thinking he's royalty," a/n groaned from the door frame.

"I will always call him that," Anakin defended. "It reminds me of the day I found out you were pregnant, and I told you I knew that our baby was a boy. You asked me how a I knew and I said-"

"I just know," a/n mocked his words. "Yes, I remember," she rolled her eyes, all in good manner. The connection Anakin had with the boy was strong from the start, and each day it grows stronger.

A father's boy, for sure.

"You know, the cake and presents alone would make him happy. He's not going to remember this day or understand what is going on, so you don't have to pull out all the stops,"

Anakin firmly shook his head. "Nonsense, it's his first birthday,"

A/n sighed, expecting nothing less from the stubborn man. "So, what do you have in mind?"

The couple already had agreed on presents and cake, but Anakin insisted on his own surprises for the day.

"Well, I got him a trainer-"

"Are you insane? How much-"

"Don't worry about the cost. I want him to learn how to fly-,"

"As a baby?"

"You know what I mean," Anakin gave a/n an eye roll. "He'll learn when he's older, but for today I just want to take him on a ride,"

"Absolutely not,"

"A/n-"

"Anakin, surely this can wait," a/n voiced exasperatedly.

"What's the harm?"

"Well-"

"I'm the best pilot around," Anakin winked, disregarding a/n's attempts to dissuade him. "Plus, I totally baby-safed it,"