Prologue [Edited]

Start from the beginning

└─────── have fun! ──➤

|| 𝕾𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖍 𝕶𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖆,  𝟙𝟡𝟡𝟡 ||

"Just think about it Stanley, we can rule over the entire world, together" squealed an overly exhilarated Daniel with a voice reeking of desperation and greed, all while he wiped his round spectacles clean with the bottom part of his lab coat. With tiny steps the man paced around the room, eyeing his dear blue prints every now and then. His heart was restless with all the anticipation, yet he patiently awaited an answer from the only other living soul present in the room.

"Are you crazy? You want me to compromise the lives of so many for your stupid, greedy fantasies? You are sick, man!" Stanley, clearly aggravated by the odd proposition, snapped back at his old friend, his voice tired and hoarse and a disappointed sigh followed suit. He was gravely baffled by his companion's peculiarly freakish intentions of conquering the world with his scientific abilities and he could hardly believe that a human being can have such horrendous visions.

For years had he been friends with this man and yet he felt like he knew nothing about him. Stanley felt sorry for his childhood friend.

However, his indignation only ignited a sadistic passion in Daniel's blackened heart and he revealed it with an amused smile.

"You leave me with no choice, buddy" he let out. A sick grin formed on Daniel's dark lips as he raised his hands up to the sky to force them against each other in a series of claps. Within seconds two robots appeared behind him out of nowhere. They calmly waited for a signal and just as Daniel moved his head in a small nod, the two lunged themselves at Stanley, pushing him to the wall and restraining his wrists and ankles with chains hanging from it.

The man in his late twenties struggled to free himself but like many other of his attempts before, he failed miserably and the sick grin on Daniel's face only replaced itself with a sardonic chuckle.

"Have fun, buddy" and just like that, he was gone. Securing his childhood best-friend under the shackles of deception, Daniel walked away, leaving Stanley alone to contemplate on how his brilliant friend, who was always the smartest in the class, turned into such an antagonist.

Somewhere deep inside the abandoned wing of the city laboratory was a grimy jail cell where Stanley sat with heavy metal clamps holding him down and a cold, hard floor cushioning his tired body. His back was leaned against a withered brick wall and his heavy lids blinked up and down in distress.

It had been three days since Daniel locked him in there, three days since he had any interaction with the human world. And all of it was because he chose not to support his friend's intentions to take over the world abusing their scientific excellence.

The scarce amounts of food and water he was offered were unable to keep the man as vibrant as he used to be and the constant fear of having his family in danger was nibbling at his heart. Even the tears in his eyes couldn't bear the pain anymore and they ran out.

All Stanley could do while sitting in the dark lonely corner was to think of how wrong he had been in recognizing the person that he once considered his ally.

Heavy clattering noises hauled Stanley out of his thoughts and with dull eyes he stared up at the haughty figure of Daniel which was now hovering over his frail and weak one. He once again came in with two of his robots who were currently guarding the wide open metal gate.

Daniel squatted down to Stanley's level to look him in the eye and the vulnerability that shone in them only made the former more content. With a sick saccharine voice he chimmed,

"I am asking you for the last time Stanley, join hands with me and you shall be rich beyond your expectations..."

Daniel waited eagerly for his friend's reply to his proud proposition. He thought the appeal of the offer would make Stanley flip, at least he was hoping for it but turns out, he too judged his friend wrong. Stanley would never stoop that low and now Daniel too knew it because instead of an affirmative gesture, Stanley gave him a mere scoff before turning his face elsewhere.

The rage and annoyance in Daniel's hazel orbs was eminent even in the minimum illumination and he stood up swiftly yet stiffly.

"I gave you enough opportunity but the stupid selfless brain of yours just wouldn't budge. Fine, if you want your family to be treated just like everyone else', then so be it. Your pregnant wife will face exactly what everyone else is facing, DEATH!"

The last sentence Daniel spoke was more than enough to rejuvenate Stanley, not with strength but with yearning, an eagerness to protect his dear family.

"Don't you dare touch her" he wheezed with sheer wrath but it didn't affect Daniel a bit. So the former decided to give him some more and he kicked Daniel hard on the sheen making him fall. Stanley lunged his restrained body forward as much as he could to land his palms on both sides of Daniel's now fallen face.

"Lay a single finger on my family and I'll shred you to pieces" he roared nothing like a weak man but a wounded lion. A fuming Daniel on the other hand now stood up and with all the strength he could muster, he backhanded Stanley making the latter slam against the wall.

"Just wait and watch what I can truly do..."

With brutal strides Daniel dashed out the door and out of sight leaving the two robots to lock up after him. One of them took out its skeleton keys to finish off the job and left the vicinity as soon as it was done. 

As minutes passed with utter silence taking reign, Stanley made sure the hallways were entirely deserted before staring down at his tightened fist only to open it slowly to reveal a small shiny metal key that he managed to steal from Daniel during their small brawl.

Being a scientist in the very same lab for over the years, he was acquainted with every nook and cranny of the building and now with the key to the cellar right in his palm, Stanley could easily sneak out at the middle of the night. And that was exactly what he did...  

_______________________

To Be Continued...