⊹Mao×Reader

[Cat and Mouse]

(y/n) Nezu, The Mouse-like female guard in nanba and probably the smallest one- taller than Tomato- she's both loved and hated.

Loved by all and hated by Mao.

Why? Well if you don't know, it's either your IQ is lower than Samon's or you're blind.

Obviously because Mao= a Cat, (Y/n)= A Mouse. No way would they be compatible.

They're like the Tom and Jerry in nanba. Always loud and annoying, chasing each other and getting in trouble. The dog(youknowwho) has to always refrain them from fighting.

Though besides the fact that they hate each other's guts to the point where one would go to hell just to hunt the other, everyone still ships it.

Another normal day in nanba break room. Kenshirou with his girlfriend*cough*work*cough*, hajime smoking(hot), samon eating popsicle and kiji being the mama bird. There's just one couple missing.

A loud crash eachoed from behind the break room door and everyone thought the same thing.

Here we go again *Eye roll*

"TAMAO! YOU FUCKING DARE TAKE MY CHEESECAKE!?"- Mouse

"ONLY BECAUSE YOUR DISGUSTING RAT HAND TOOK MY SARDINES!"
- Cat

"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU TOOK AWAY MY EARPHONES!"

"THAT WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU JUST KEPT YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM MY GLOVES!"

"WELL YOU STOLE MY-"

⊹Arguing continues~⊹

Yup. The usual. Nothing new here people, just same ol' same ol'.

Kiji, being the drag queen mother she is, imidiatly opened the door and gave both animals his famous bitch slap.

"You untamed children! Didn't I tell you be nice to each other!? I have damn paperworks to do and you two keep distracting me! I'll get wrinkles if I keep shouting at you two and my-" he kept on rambling and (y/n) and mao just ignored him, continuing to glare daggers at each other.

"Kiji." Mao called which made the said male stop with his boring complaints.

"Yes?"

"You're a bird aren't you? Why can't you just eat her already?" He asked, obviously annoyed.

"tch. stfu, cat. You belong to the dumpster, go back home." (Y/n) said, crossing her arms and looking away front the two males.

Kiji just shook his head, not liking the situation at all but then an idea came to his Beautiful sexy mind. (Everything about him is Beautiful so I'm sure his mind is too UwU)

"(Y/n), how about you take this trash out?" He smirked knowing exactly that the two clueless creatures won't see through his plan.

The small female smirked and looked at Mao who was in disbelief and looked betrayed. "Gladly!"

"Great! I know a very nice restaurant with sunset view! I'll reserve a table for you two around that time, ok?" Just as he though, his plan was bulletproof.

If they refuse to go, he'll just act sad and the two will feel guilty, continuing their date. It'll not be his problem if the dinner goes well or not. The waiter will have to deal with it.

Mao and (y/n) just looked at their superior dumbfounded, both having a face that says "I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS!"

They ended up going.

Just as they thought, it was akward and annoying to be with the others presence.

They can't take it being with the other for so long. It was uncomfortable and a waste of their time.

The waiter came by, sweat dropping at the akward silence surrounding their table and tried to stay professional as he took their order.

"Carbonara with lots of cheese and (f/d) Please." (Y/n) said, looking at the menu booklet.

"Perfect dish for a rat." Mao lowly mumbled but made it loud enough for the girl to hear and unintentionally the waiter.

"Take your order cat. But wait, I don't think they serve cat food here." (Y/n) retorted and the insults went on, the waiter just sweat dropping.

They're like a cat and mouse - unfortunate waiter.

"Uhm..s-sir... What would be your order?"

"Right, sorry. One salmon with mashed potatoes please and just water." He said.

"Change his drink to milk." the annoying voice infront of him giggled which annoyed him.

"O-okay... Your order will be serve in about 20 minutes or s-so" the poor man quickly dashed away from their table, wanting to avoid the two arguing guards.

Now it's just the two fo them, eyes filled with hate as they look at each other's faces.

The more they look, the more their gaze soften as they both examined the other at the same time.

Mao eyed the female infront of him, amazed at how she looked decent for once instead of her usual messy hair and boyish (color) uniform.

It wasn't the first time he saw her in make-up or dress, he just has hate lingering in his mind whenever (y/n) shows up, never having the thought of observing her.

(Y/n) was also doing the same thing to mao. For once he put effort into looking good.

The girl hates him but never denies that he has a charming face. I mean what human in their right mind would call his feminine face and fragile looking but strong body uGlY?

It was silent, but not akward as they continued their staring contest.

"You know..." (Y/n) started, looking down at her hand under the table, having a faint blush on her cheeks.

Mao looked at her questioningly, still admiring her looks which was emphasize by the setting sun.

"I think I'll stop annoying you." She said which surprised mao a bit.

"...hm, me too." He looked away from her, the same blush as the girl on his tanned skin.

The waiter came back with their food and and drinks, this time looking relieved that the tense atmosphere changed.

"Sir, miss, your food." He set it down infront of them and walked to another table afterwards.

Mao was ready to devour his salmon but stopped when he noticed the white liquid in his glass.
(Not cu-)

"On second thought, I take my words back."

"Eheheheheheh! It's not my fault, blame the waiter!! He was the one who gave you milk." She defended herself with giggles accompanying her words.

After calming down from her fit, she took a bite of her food before looking at Mao, a smile decorating her face.

"I did mean my words though, stupid cat."

"Then I'll keep mine too, dumb mouse."

⊱⋅ ────⋅⊰