eighteen.

Katherines POV:

I sit myself in the passenger seat, crossing my legs towards Billie, as she puts her seatbelt on.

A lot is going through my mind today. I slept to brush it off but, this situation is really starting to scare me.

Billie holds my hand the entire car ride, which really comforts me. She's comforted me this entire time.

I'm really grateful for her, honestly. I always am, but right now especially. She's made me feel extremely safe. And even though her plan was definitely illegal, it's fine.

The drive was short, it felt like we were in the car for 2 seconds.

I guess time flies by when you're extremely anxious.

Two officers stand outside the doors, one on each side.

That's really weird.

We walk up to the door, not thinking they were there for us. But, they were.

"Katherine? Billie?" They say, which sends chills down my spine.

I'm fucking terrified.

"Yes." Billie says, confidently.

How is she not shitting her pants right now.

They open the doors, looking behind them as they guide us in.

"This is for your safety. You aren't being arrested." One of them says, which allows me to relax my entire body, which was extremely tense.

We both walk into the office together, sitting in the two chairs on the sides, leaving the one in the middle empty.

Detective Gray wasn't even in the office yet, so we just sat in silence.

"I love you." Billie looks over and says, with the most comforting and sincere tone.

Sheesh, I couldn't love someone more.

Before I could respond, Detective Gray walks into his office, straightening his suit before he sits down.

He takes a deep breath, sitting in his chair, reaching under his desk for a file, a voice recorder, and a laptop.

That's a lot of stuff for one visit.

"We are going to set your court dates, and then I'll explain the new evidence thats," he stops himself to look at us, sideyed. "surfaced."

I inhale, exhaling softly.

I feel like i can't even breathe.

"So, court dates. I'm thinking around June 17-24. I still need to talk to the Judges."

I sit, thinking. Today is June 11. That's crazy.

"So, I'll let you know when that's figured out." He says, closing his laptop after typing some things.

He sets the recorder in front of him, sliding it towards us.

"This is a recording that was recorded by someone who has actively been brought in for this case, of a witness of the situation, possibly a victim." He says, which makes my heart start beating out of my ass.

Kira, maybe.

I dont wanna hear her fucking voice. But, that didn't matter. Because, he clicked play.

A voice that wasn't hers started off.

"Why did you lie?"

"I can't go to jail. And, especially not because of that bitch. Plus, there were no witnesses. I ran before the cops got there, just left her there."

Shivers. Fucking chills.

I hate her.

He pauses the recording for a minute, looking at me.

"Do you know who that is?" He asks, crossing his hands in front of him.

"Kira McClay."

"Okay."

He continues playing the tape.

"Okay, but what if you get caught?"

"I won't. Madison went to the station and put in a witness testimony. And so did a few of her gang friends, I don't know. All said the same story. Some sob shit about her dad hitting her. It's believable." I hear a laugh in the background, and glasses clinking.

"Plus, it was so many people against Billie and her. We're gonna win this shit, trust. They got nothing on us."

He stops the recording again, setting it to the side.

"I think this is enough evidence to support you. Plus Kira's fingerprints, and both of your stories. It all adds up." He says, looking up at us.

This is the first time he's been on our side this entire time.

He continues with, "Plus, their story didn't add up. They went from saying it was your dad, to saying your bad depression and did it yourself."

I sit and think for a second, realizing what he just said.

"So, why did you believe them?" Billie says.

That's the first time she's spoken during this visit.

He shifts his stance towards her.

"They has more stories that added up, and we've gotten a lot of cases like this. I needed to hear your reactions and questions and statements to their stories before I could believe anything. So I told you their stories first."

That didn't make sense in my mind, but whatever.

He pulls a file out, pictures on Kira's phone.

Pictures of me and her from that night.

I was wondering where the fuck those went, since they were never brought up.

"We finally got a warrant to search Kira's phone. And, this picture was deleted, but it was still in her iCloud."

He pushes the picture towards me.

I nod, sliding it back.

He flips through more pages, but he decides to close the folder after looking for a while.

"I think you guys are good to go. You will meet with your lawyer soon before the court dates."

We both stand up, pushing our chairs in.

"Thank you." I say, smiling.

I was still terrified. This was scary, but I'm glad I'm finally being heard.

We walk out of the office together, smiling as we walk out of the main doors.

I immediately break down, hugging her. She seems confused, but she hugs me back.

"Thank you." I say, clutching my arms around her neck.

She released the hug, smiling at me.

"Told you I got you."

A/N:

hi, so. my original plan was to make all the dates line up with tour and everything but it got chaotic so the dates are not going to line up with the ACTUAL dates. but that's okay bc this is fictional. anyways tehe hope you enjoy love u all