three.

There stood the girl that I was in love with months ago.

And I melted as soon as I saw her.

Katherines POV:

I walked around this party that I knew I shouldn't be at. But I couldn't help it.

I went to the Experience pop-up and so I felt it was appropriate to congratulate her. Or maybe it isn't appropriate? I don't know.

But, I'm already here, so.

I look around, hoping nobody sees me and goes and tells her. Even though i'm gonna talk to her either way.

"What is going on?" I hear a voice coming from beside me say.

Billie.

"Oh."

And that's all I said before a girl storms behind Billie, grabbing her arm.

"What are you doing? Why are you talking to her?" She says, yelling in her face.

What the fuck is going on.

"Woah woah woah. Dont get pissy with me." Billie says, shaking her grip off her arm. "I'm handling it."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start anything. I'm literally only here because I wanted to-" She cut me off by taking my hand and leading me outside.

"Katherine what is going on." She says, as soon as we leave the building. "Why are you here?"

She looks like she's about to cry.

"I wanted to congratulate you." I start to tremble. "That's all, I swear."

"Well, thanks but you could've texted me. Not shown up at my party and start drama."

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend." I say softly.

"Well, I guess you do now." She stops for a second. "Is that okay?"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Does that hurt you at all?"

Before I could reply, people start walking out of the building one by one. Soon enough Finneas reaches us, pausing at the sight of us standing beside each other.

And then, the girl who was yelling at Billie earlier follows as well.

"Billie, are you done here?" She says, very angrily in a high pitched voice.

She's annoying.

"Leah, calm down. Please. We're just talking. Civilized conversation." She stops, looking her in the eyes.

Leah. That's her name.

"Okay. Meet me at your house then." She says, walking off.

"I think I'm gonna go." I sigh, moving my foot on the rocks from the ground. "Ive started a lot."

"You didn't answer the question." She says, not letting me leave yet.

"I don't think you want me to."

I walk off, kicking rocks all the way to my car.

And as soon as I touch the door handle, I break down.

That was so fucking hard.

~

*Billies POV*

I watch Katherine walk to her car, after leaving me with no explanation at all.

And all I can think of is how glad I am that I got to hear her voice.

God, what am I getting myself into.

I walk to my car too, reaching for the handle, immediately starting to cry.

This entire situation is so confusing and weird, but I wasn't expecting it to happen tonight. The night after my album release. The night of my first pop-up experience for fans.

But I'm not complaining. I wish I would've gotten an answer, and I wish I wouldn't gotten to know really why she was there.

But regardless, she cared enough to come. She cared enough to show up to my pop-up and my party, just to congratulate me.

She still cares.

After sitting in my car for a while, I put the keys in the ignition, and drive off.

The entire car ride home I thought of her. And I thought, this is wrong.

Why am I feeling this way?

What about Leah?

What about the past?

I don't understand myself or anything right now. All I know is, I am in love with this girl.

Eventually I got to my house, and I dreaded going in. I dreaded the screaming that was about to happen and the makeup sex.

"I'm sorry." I said immediately when I walked into my room, and was greeted by her sitting in my bed, waiting.

She stood up, hugging me tightly, and I felt tears on my shoulder.

"Are you gonna leave me for her?" She asked, breathing off.

I said nothing. I couldn't lie to her. I didn't know what was gonna happen. Who fuckin knows if i'll leave her for Katherine.

"I saw the way you look at her. I sat in my car in that parking lot until you were done talking. You looked at her like she was the only person who's ever mattered to you. Your eyes sunk when she walked away." She was now looking me in the eyes.

"I don't know what to say." My hands were sweaty and I just wanted to sleep. Everything she was saying was true.

"You're in love with her, aren't you?"