six.

Billies POV:

The police sirens near as I sit on the curb by my car, which is completely in the ditch.

Luckily, nothing injured me. But, my car is ruined. And, I also need to get to this pop-up.

My mom finally got here after what felt like 10 hours, leaving her immediately running to me.

"I'm okay, i'm okay." I say as she hugs me tighter than she ever has before.

The cop car pulls up beside my car, and a tall man steps out.

"You okay?" He says, walking towards me while putting gloves on.

I guess that's required.

"Yeah, no damage to me. Just the car." I say.

"Hey, you're Billie Eilish!" He says, laughing as he looks at my car.

Damn, can't even get in a wreck without being recognized.

"Ha, yeah." I say, definitely faking a laugh.

"Are you sure there's no injury? No pain anywhere at all? Did you hit your head?"

"None of that. I'm fine I swear.

"Alright. Well, we're gonna have to tow your car. And get it fixed obviously." He says, looking at my smashed in car.

"Yeah, I figured." I replied, "Just give me a call when you need the money and everything." I said, handing him my phone number.

"Okay."

I guess I was free to leave, then. Usually they question you about everything that happened and I'm not sure why I didn't get that treatment but whatever.

"Let's go." My mom says, waving towards her car.

I hate riding in back seats.

I open the back door, putting my seatbelt on as soon as I get in.

Then, I grab my phone, clicking Katherine's contact.

Ring...

Ring....

Ring.....

No answer.

Great.

I put my phone down, laying my forehead on the cold window.

"Mom, can you take me to the pop-up." I ask, which made her laugh.

"Billie, you just got in a wreck."

"Please." I say again, and she makes a right turn, driving towards the pop-up.

Seeing so many people in line and people coming out of the building makes me so incredibly happy.

They're all smiling and excited to just see something that I created.

All the merch that they're wearing makes me feel so loved.

My mom pulls off to the back so they don't see me, but I walk around and go to where the people come out after they're finished.

I wait for about five minutes, before the first girl comes out, not seeing me at first.

Her friend behind her immediately screams, coming for a hug. I reach out to hug all of them.

"Hi babies, how are you?" I say, hugging them as tight as I can.

"I love you." One of the girls says.

"How are you, I saiddd." I repeat myself.

They all smile and tell me how they are, and they talk with me for a little bit, by now there's a line of people waiting for their turn. I love this.

Eventually I get through most people and I hug every one of my babies, smiling every single time.

"I love you guys but I really need to go. I'm gonna try to come tomorrow too. Stay safe and take care of yourselves babies." I say, waving goodbye as I walk to the back of the building again. Nothing makes me happier than hugging them and seeing the smiles on their faces and their tears when they see me.

They are my life support.

As I'm walking back to the car, my phone starts to vibrate, as Katherines name comes across my screen.

"Hey, sorry I was taking a nap. Are you okay?" She says as soon as she answers.

"Well, I kinda got into a wreck."

"What the fuck? What hospital are you at? I'm on my way now." She says frantically. And she wasn't joking, I could hear her keys jingling.

"Kat, I'm fine. Not at the hospital. I just got done with the pop-up." I says She sighs in relief. "Do you still want me to come over tonight?" I ask.

"Yes, please."

"Okay, see you at around 8. Bye."

I then call my mom, so she can pick me up.

God, I feel like a little kid. I miss my car.

"Hey, I'm done here. Can you come get me?"

"Coming."

I hang up, and then rest my back on the brick of the building.

My neck does kind of hurt, but I'm sure it's nothing serious.

"Billie!" I hear coming from the other side of me. A group of four girls runs up to me, smiling huge.

"Hey, hey hey. How are youu?" I say, reaching out for a hug.

"Can we have a picture?" One of the girls says, not even hugging me.

"Yeah of course, I just wanna hug first." I say, but they roll their eyes.

They all give me small side hugs, and then pull out their phones to take a selfie.

"Alright thank you, bye!" They say, running off.

I hate when people do that, but I can't be rude. All I want is a hug and a conversation. Fuck pictures.

My mom pulled up behind me as they ran around the building, so I scoffed and got in the front seat.

"You okay?" My mom says, seeing the obvious annoyance on my face.

"Yeah. Just fake fans I guess. I don't know." I sigh, resting my hands on my lap. "Oh also, can I go to Katherines tonight?" I say, forgetting that we ever even broke up.

"Katherines...?" She says, very confused.

"Oh...yeah. Probably should've told you. We're friends now." I paused. "But also, I'm just gonna ask her to pick me up because that's easier."

She nods her head as a reply as we finish the drive home.

Once we got home, I decided to text Katherine, asking if she could pick me up. Of course she said yes, so I got my stuff together quickly.

This is gonna be fun.