Naruto kicked open the doors to the office, walking in like he owned the place. Sasuke, watched unfazed. Kakashi pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. 'He's so done' If this is the Wave mission, which I think it is, he'll be a lot more done real soon. Everything's going down after this thing. Naruto started to rant about being ready for better missions while the Hokage stared at him with the blandest expression I have ever seen. Iruka looked like he wanted to sock Naruto on the head. So this was already going great.

"-I think Naruto is trying to tell us he's not a kid anymore Iruka, and lucky for him a C-rank just arrived. Your client will be here so- and there he is!" I tuned into the last part of Hiruzen's speech thing. 'The timing of this mission is awfully convenient.' Yeah, it's almost like our corrupt leader was planning this. I'll add that to the list of reasons to resurrect Minato. '...How exactly do you plan to do that?' Kabuto. 'That doesn't answers my questio-' KABUTO.

Tazuna stood in the doorway of the office, the smell of booze and sweat wafted towards us. 'Oh that's really attractive.' I didn't really peg you as that type of person. 'Sarcasm you dimwit.' I know, but it's fun to see you angry. "These are the brats that are gonna protect me? Your kidding me right? There's no way shrimps like you could do anything more than act as shields. Especially the short one with the weird face, though he is well dressed." Tazuna scrutinized us before taking a swig of alcohol. I smirked smugly seeing as he approached my fashion sense. 'He's high as a kite.' Ok so the drunk man has good taste, I don't see your problem.

Naruto dragged me to stand next to him and Sasuke to compare heights. Sasuke smirked fully aware he was the tallest while Naruto lunged for Tazuna. Kakashi casually yanked him back by the collar. I giggled a little, "Naruto, with a diet consisting entirely of ramen, you can't expect to grow very tall." I commented. Naruto slouched glumly. "But it's so good!" He whined. Kakashi sighed and ruffled Naruto's hair. "Alright you three, go put your together stuff for the mission. Meet me at the gates in one hour." He drawled. 'I have a suspicious feeling that he won't be on time in the slightest.' I have a feeling you might be right.

...

Even Naruto was there before Kakashi. I sighed as he arrived an entire 27 minutes late. Tazuna's foot tapping was starting to annoy me. He ignored Naruto's squawks of complaint as he proceeded to walk out of the village. I tightened the straps of my backpack, my nerves already tense with anticipation. 'What's got you so worked up anyway?' We won't die, I think. 'That's not ominous at all' Yup.

Naruto cartwheeled his way out of the village, Tazuna watched, his expression a mixture of disappointment and fear. 'Why fear?' We're gonna get attacked. '...but this is a C-rank.' Not for long. We had to walk for awhile for the puddle of doom to come into my line of sight. I casually walked ahead of the group while forming the hand signs for the fireball jutsu. I whispered the words, letting a small stream of fire cover the water, evaporating it completely. Screams filled the air as the steam wafted upwards. My team and Tazuna stared at the slightly damp area on the road.

I panicked. My breath sped up slightly. "Shit." I cursed. Kakashi patted my head in a comforting manner. He pointed upwards to where the steam had drifted. It came to my attention that two screaming chunin were now falling from the sky. They hit the ground with a thud. Kakashi checked their pulses before grabbing some rope to tie them up. Sasuke turned to me. "How." He demanded. I got the idea. "Well, it hasn't rained in awhile so there wouldn't be a puddle, I was a little paranoid so I, ya know, torched them." I explained awkwardly. He stared at me for awhile before turning away. I let out a sigh of relief. Naruto turned on Sasuke. "Teme! Don't interrogate Sakura like that! It's rude!" Sasuke stared at him before his gaze flickered to me momentarily. "Shut it dobe, I do what I want."