fifteen // adrien is a bitch, so i've heard

Börja om från början

I clutch my heart as a pain sharply stabs my chest. I cry out and double over from the pain. A familiar feeling of stabbing fills my body.

My glass heart has worsened. I've only recently self-diagnosed it myself. After Emilie slipped into her coma, I was brutally heart broken, but tried to accept it and move on. However, no such luck occurred. Everyday I swore to myself that I would wake Emilie up with the wish by Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous. My refusal to move on formed my glass heart.

The only reason I'm not dead yet is because when Emilie slipped into her coma, she still loved me and accepted my love for her. But after her accident, she permanently lost her consciousness. She no longer accepts my love because she isn't feeling anything. It's only a matter of time until my glass heart stabs me one last time and kills me.

I gently place the picture frame down on my desk and look at the picture next to it. A picture of my son, Adrien. I sigh and place the frame face-down, not baring to look at the haunting picture any longer.

"Sir, Adrien has arrived," I hear a mature female voice announce.

I lift my head up to see who it is, and nod. "Thank you, Nathalie."

I slip my coat over my shoulders to keep me warm and walk downstairs. Nathalie opens the main door for me when I reach the bottom floor. Adrien greets me when the doors open, and behind him is Shadow Princess. She looks at me and smirks arrogantly behind Adrien's back. I don't react.

Time for test number one.

"Adrien," I begin. "Is this your friend from school?"

"Yes," he mumbles. "She was nice and wanted to walk me home."

I nod solemnly. "I see. Would she like to help you with your studies?"

"No father, I'm sure she has to get home."

I glare. "Is something wrong?"

"No, father," Adrien replies, looking away from my eyes and turning to Shadow Princess. "See you later, Marinette."

I frown and watch as Adrien walks inside and up to his room. Nathalie closes the door behind me, and I start to walk back to my lair. As I open my office door, I slam it into its frame. I violently shove all of my items on my desk to the floor. Papers fly everywhere and books slam into the ground. I hit a chair and it falls to the floor with a loud bang.

He failed. Adrien failed my first test. He lied. First, he referred to her as Marinette, even though he knows she's akumatized, proving to me that he lies to me. Next, he avoided all of my questions and refused to tell me anything.

Fine. Onto the second test.

I press a pattern of buttons into Emilie's portrait, and step onto a platform, descending into my secret lair. Butterflies scatter as I enter the dark dome-shaped room.

"Nooroo, dark wings rise!" I shout furiously.

A bright purple light fills the room as I transform, and I open my telepathic communication with Shadow Princess.

"Now." I command. "Do as you want. Cause destruction. Get Chat Noir on the scene as quick as you can."

She smirks and crosses her arms. "Whatever you say, Hawkie."