five // cuddles & texting

Chat Noir's POV

"Princess, are you sure it's okay for me to be in your bed?"

"Shhh," she interrupts, tugging on my blond locks. "I'm braiding your hair."

A slight smile creeps across my face. "My hair isn't long enough to braid."

She giggles like a child. "Well, I'm gonna make it work."

Her fingers brush and comb through my hair. Her slight touches against my scalp send shivers down my spine. Her nails feel good on my skin. I feel her warm breath on the back of my neck as she tries to grab enough hair to braid, but it's no use, and my short blond hair escapes her grasp. I snicker.

"Ugh, I was so close!" She whines, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Your nails look good. Who did them?" I ask.

She smiles and turns to her side on her bed. We're so close that our noses touch.

"I did."

"Really?"

She eagerly nods her head. "You like them?"

I smirk. "I like you, princess."

She laughs and stuffs a pillow in my face. "You giant flirt! We all know your head over heels for Ladybug!"

Marinette's phone vibrates and the screen lights up. Mari notices and starts to get out of bed, but I stop her.

"Don't move. I'll get it."

She smiles a warm smile. "Thanks, kitty."

I climb down from her loft and walk toward the phone. I pick it up and tap on the screen for it to turn on. I realize it's a text from Alya.

Alya: girl! i just checked snap map and ur so busted!!

I tilt my head in confusion and text her back without telling Marinette.

Marinette: What do you mean?

Alya: ADRIEN??? AT UR HOUSE???? LATE AT NIGHT?!!! GIRL I WANNA KNOW EVERYYYYYTHINGGGG 🥴🥰

I quietly gasp. Marinette can't read Alya's text messages or she'll figure out my secret identity.

Marinette: He's helping me with a project.

Alya: be careful. we all know what happens when you get sleep deprived ;)))))

Sleep deprived? A winky face? What does she mean?

"What's taking so long?" Marinette whines. "I want my warm pillow to cuddle with!"

Oh. So that's what Alya means.

I quickly make up a fake excuse in my head. "Give me a second, princess. It's Alya and she... uh... is talking about the Ladyblog."

I quickly text Alya one more text from Marinette's phone.

Marinette: Don't worry. Nothing will happen, I promise.

Alya: since when do you use full punctuation??

I snicker at Alya's response and delete the message. I leave Marinette's phone on the table and walk back to her loft, then climb back into bed with her.

"What was she talking about?" Marinette asks.

I run my hand through her blue hair. She takes a deep breath in and closes her eyes, digging into the pillow.

"Something about Ladybug's identity," I lie.

Her eyes snap wide open. "W-what?"

"Uh, y-yeah?" I nervously stutter. I'm never good with lying. "She has a theory on who she is."