"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked through the ear pieces,

"I'm seeing, still working on believing." Stark replied, "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?" Ana questioned,

"Just keep me posted." Stark said before continuing to fight off the Chituari.

But why would they know where Bruce was? Wouldn't he want to stay away from the fight to keep from going green?

The five of them ran behind upside down taxis. They looked up and saw Loki taking his band down the street and fired at the street in a chain of explosions. 

Frightened people were running from Loki, looking over their shoulders and screaming. 

Steve glanced down from the bridge, "Those people need assistance down there." He said,

Chitauri soldier landed near them and began firing at them. Ana and Natasha pulled pistols from their holsters and fired.

Ana turned to Steve, "We got this. It's good. Go!"

He turned to Barton, "You think you can hold them off?" he asked,

"Captain." He pulled a trigger on his bow and an arrow was mechanically chosen, "It would be my genuine pleasure." He shot an arrow into the creature's head. 

Steve squeezed Jacq's arm, "Give them hell." He told her before jumping from the bridge.

Ana ran over to a bus full of people while Natasha, Jacqueline, and Cliff fought off the Chituari. 

Jacq began freezing their feet to the street, keeping them still for one of the others to shoot them. Steve joined back up with them and smacked a few aliens with his shield,

"Time to end this." Ana growled before raising her hand in the air. Lightning struck down onto the soldiers, making them convulse and drop dead to the ground.

"Woah." Jacqueline whispered,

Thor touched down and stumbled over while the others walked to him, "What's the story upstairs?" Steve asked,

"The powers surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor answered,

"Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys." Tony commented on the earpieces,

"How do we do this?" Natasha asked,

"As a team."

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor growled,

Barton took a step forward, "Yeah, get in line."

"I think we all have a bone to pick with him." Jacqueline stated, crossing her arms,

"Save it." Steve began walking and turned to give orders, "Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild. We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us-"

There was the sound of a motor behind him. Jacqueline glanced over his shoulder to see Bruce pull up on a small motorbike. He got off and looked around at the damaged city, "So, this all seems horrible." He commented,

"I've seen worse." Natasha replied, eyeing him.

"Sorry." He apologized with a sheepish smiled,

The redhead shook her head, "No. We could use a little worse."

"Stark?" Ana asked in through the earpiece, "We got him."

"Banner?"

"Just like you said." Ana confirmed,

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Tony came out from behind a building with a Chitauri leviathan following, impatiently.

Suit up? You mean Hulk out? In the city?

The rest of the Avengers looked up, getting ready and standing still. "I... I don't see how that's a party." Ana stated,

Tony swooped down the street. The Leviathan swooped down, barreling down the street like a freight train. Bruce looked back at the group and began to walk towards the monster.

"Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Steve suggested,

"That's my secret, Captain." Bruce smirked, "I'm always angry."

His body started to swell and stretch and harden. Green shot through his body. Suddenly, it wasn't Bruce standing there anymore, it was the Hulk.

The Hulk punched the Leviathan in the nose when it reached them. The creature flipped over and Tony, while in mid-flight, extended his arm out and fired a rocket. The rocket hit a soft spot and ­the leviathan hits the pavement.

From above and on the buildings, the Chituari army watched in horror as a group of Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves.

It was the first time Jacquline felt genuinely confident in her powers. They could do this. They could win.