CHAPTER 24

AFTER ARRESTING LOKI FOR THE FINAL TIME, the group got cleaned up before meeting up one last time.

Jacqueline held onto Steve's hand tightly as they watched Thor lead a chained Loki towards the edge of the bridge.

Tony had a brief case in his hand, with the tesseract inside. He transferred it to a more safe container before Thor took it and his brother back to Asgard.

"So, where are going to go now?" Steve asked Ana as everyone else left.

Ana gave them a closed mouth smile, "I'm gonna go find my ghost."

He looked down at the Russian girl, "What's with you this ghost?"

"He killed my fiancee." She answered and Jacqueline felt bad for the woman, "He was a fellow SHIELD agent. I woke up to a bullet being put into his head. I fought the attacker off, but they escaped." She looked off into the distance before looking back at them, "I never knew why he was killed."

"So you want revenge." Jacqueline stated,

Ana shook her head, "I want to avenge him. They're two different things. I just want to know why him."

"So you tracked the ghost to Moscow?"

"I saw him when I was under capture with Strucker. He was one of the ones to torture me. He stood in the doorway while they experimented on me." Ana replied,

"You know what he looks like? Couldn't you find out who he really is online?" Jacq questioned,

"But that's the thing, I tried. But he doesn't exist. There were other reports that popped up going back around fifty years, but no identity. The ghost, he didn't look older than thirty." Ana explained, "He's impossible."

"Like me?" Steve asked,

Ana smiled and nodded, "Yeah, Steve, kinda like you."

The dark haired woman left and Steve turned towards Jacq, "You ready to head back to D.C?"

Jacqueline hummed, wrapping her arm around his own, "How about we do some sight seeing first? You can show me around Brooklyn."