CHAPTER 21

BEFORE JACQUELINE COULD GET out of her ripped and bloodied suit, Steve had contacted her. Tony knew where Loki was and they had to hurry.

That's how five of them, minus Tony, ended up on a Quintet flying towards Manhattan.

"You ready for this?" Steve asked her as they both plus Ana sat in the back, gearing up. Clint and Natasha sat in the pilot seats, 

Jacqueline nodded, "You bet, soldier." She grinned at him,

Tony flew ahead to scout everything out. To see where the Tesseract was and if he could shut it out.

"We need to be prepared for anything." Ana stated, pulling on her gloves, "You called him master of illusions. He can throw anything at us."

As they approached Manhattan, a beam of blue light from the Stark Tower shot into the sky and a large, dark hole appeared in the air.

Jacq watched a specs flew through it.

"Stark, we're on your three, heading northeast." Natasha stated,

"What, did you stop for drive-thru?" He responded, "Swing up, Park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you."

As the Quinjet flew between two skyscrapers, Jacq watched as Tony flew by, followed by aliens of some sort. A machine gun dropped from the jet and Natasha fired as the aliens appeared. 

The jet flew upwards around the Stark tower, firing at the Chitauri. Soon Loki was in their sights as he fought Thor on the balcony.

Cliff aimed the gun at Loki while the god pointed the scepter at the jet and fired a blast of energy, setting the jet wing on fire. Ana, Steve, and Jacq held tightly onto the bars in the jet while Natasha and Clint tried to gain control.

The jet crashed into the street and the five left the aircraft. The group walked over to the middle of a bridge and everything seemed to stop.

Something was coming. Something big. Jacqueline could feel the ground shake beneath her feet.

There was a roar coming from the portal above them and, just as she thought, something massive came out of it. The large Chitauri Leviathan passed over the five while carrying soldiers.

From both sides, Chitauri soldiers jumped and attached themselves to the sides of skyscrapers before sliding down. Some crashed into the buildings and began firing their weapons at random citizens.