CHAPTER 10

IT WAS FIVE A.M. WHEN STEVE'S ALARM WENT OFF. He sat up and made the noise stop. Steve turned to look at Jaqueline who groaned into the pillow, "Why... would you ever set an alarm for this early in the morning?" 

Steve smirked and sat up in the bed, "That's because I like to go for runs in the morning."

She opened her eyes to give him a small glare, "Please tell me I don't have to go, too."

"Sorry, Jackie. Rules are rules." Steve stood and put on a t-shirt, "You have to train with me if you are going to keep going outside SHIELD facilities."

Jacqueline let out a long groan before Steve walked over to her side of the bed. He lifted the smaller girl over his shoulder, "No! Steveeee!" She protested, too tired to put up a fight.

He placed her feet on the ground, "Get ready. We're going in ten." He told her before walking into the kitchen.

Jacq stuck her tongue out after him before sighing. She walked over to her drawer and grabbed a pair of running shorts and a t-shirt before changing.

The two went to a park and Steve had her do sit-ups, push-ups, and crunches before going for a run.

"I don't understand... why..." Jacqueline panted after running back to Steve's apartment, "I have to run... if I have to train at SHIELD in a few hours."

Steve tossed her a bottle of water from the fridge, "Think of it was a warm-up. Plus it wakes you up."

Jacq rolled her eyes and took a sip, "A warm-up for a super soldier." She walked towards the bathroom, "Feels like I can sleep for a week." 

She quickly took a shower before grabbing her bag. She hopped on the back of Steve's motorcycle and they headed towards the Triskelion.

When they arrived at the Triskelion, everyone seemed to stare at Jacqueline. As if they were just waiting for her to break. For the whole world to turn to ice.

Steve noticed how nervous she was and grabbed her hand. Jacq gave him a small smile before they continued to the training rooms.

"Jacqueline Braden, please report to laboratory one. I repeat, Jaqueline Braden, please report to laboratory one." Someone said over the loudspeaker.

Steve and Jacqueline looked at each other, confused, before going to the lab. Inside, there sat a large pool of water with machines around it. There were a few scientists looking at clipboards and Fury stood talking to one of them,

"What is this?" Steve asked,

Fury walked over, "Her powers had to have come from somewhere." He stated,