Chapter 2

Branches snapped beneath my feet, illuminating the forest with sound. I ran down the only path there was to go.

The sun had set by the time I found anything. It turned out to be the same group of people from before.

I sat down next to the fuzzy creature. "So, now what?" I looked up at the creature's face. "Got any ideas?" I asked it. It snored it response, I sighed and laid down. "Me neither..." 

The thing about being a ghost was that I didn't seem to loose, or gain any energy. Just a constant state of neutral. This meant that while time passed, I wasn't tired. So I stayed up watching over the camp.

The first person woke up just as soon as the sun had risen. I sat up, staring at them as they walked around the camp. It was the green girl, who spent her morning training away from everyone else. 

I got up and followed her. "Earthbender huh?" I sat at the edge of the clearing and watched her. She continued to train, up until Aang walked over.

"Two earthbenders?" I watched as they trained together. "He doesn't seem like one though, I've never seen anyone have tattoos like those." I walked closer to the two of them, examining him as I moved around the rocks they threw at each other.

Suddenly Aang sent out a burst of air, knocking the girl down. I stepped back startled. "Hey! You know the rules, no airbending!" The green girl said. 

"Wait, earth, and air bending, the only person who can use more than one type is... the Avatar... you're the Avatar!" I yelled out. "This is amazing, you can help me!" I went to grab his shoulders, only to pass completely through him. "Right... still a ghost."

I fell to my knees, startled, as the pain began again. I let out a small cry and clutched my chest. "Great." I gasped for air. As it slowly subsided I sat up and sighed. "Now, to figure this out before it happens again."

I headed back to the camp, where everyone else was awake. Katara was cooking breakfast, and Sokka was walking around the camp, suspiciously looking around. "Sokka what are you doing?" Katara asked, watching at him.

"I'm looking for the ghost," he said as he peeked behind a tree.

"Aren't they invisible or something, how are you going to see one?" She began dishing out bowls for everyone. 

"I'm looking out for any moving rocks, that's what happened last time."

I thought to myself for a second, coming up with a plan. "Sokka you genius!" I yelled, kicking a rock over in his direction. He jumped, seeing it roll past him.

"Did you do that?" He turned to Katara, pointing at the rock.

"Do what, roll a rock? I think you would've noticed if I had." She rolled her eyes.

I grinned, kicking another one in his direction. He screamed and jumped up, clutching onto a tree branch. "We're haunted!"

"I don't know, maybe Toph's messing with you after your hilarious reaction yesterday." Katara laughed.

"Nope, it wasn't me." Toph shrugged. She was sitting on a rock at the edge of the camp.

"Aang you have to do something!" Sokka ran over to him.

"What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, you're the Avatar!"

"Yes, yes, yes," I whispered, "come'on, agree to it."

Aang sighed. "Fine, I'll try something." He sat down on the floor, and began meditating. I watched and waited, everything else going silent.

"Hello," a voice said from behind me, making me jump. I turned around to see Aang standing there. His body had a blue hue around it.

"You." I looked back and forth from his body to his spirit. "It worked!" I cheered, going to hug him. I fell through his body and landed on the floor with a thump. 

He looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"I've been trying to get your guys attention. I need your help," I said as I stood up.

"But why? What makes you sure we can help you?" He asked. 

"You're the Avatar, you should be able to help me." I fiddled with my fingers. "Right?"

"How did you know I was the Avatar, are you a spirit?"

"No. I know because I've been watching you for the past day."

"Watching us... that's kind of creepy," he said, mumbling the last part.

"Yeah, I know. But I need some help. I'm not dead," I said. 

"But you're a ghost, aren't you? Doesn't that make you dead?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows. 

"Yea I know it's confusing me too. But, I found my body, it's alive... mostly, and healthy... mostly." I sighed. "Actually it's not in too great shape, and I need your help, to get back."

"Ok," he shrugged.

"Pleas- wait, what?" I stared at him, bewildered.

"I'll do it, we'll help you."

"Oh, thank the spirits!" I grinned. "My body is there." I pointed in the direction I had come from, leading to the building. "There's a building in that direction, it's pretty hidden but there's almost no one there. Anyway you need to hurry." 

"Okay, I'll let everyone know and we'll head over right away. We'll meet you there." I nodded. The physical body of Aang woke up, the spirit of him fading away. 

Aang stood up. "So, what happened?" Katara asked. 

"There's no time to explain, we have to go somewhere and save uh... I should've gotten her name." Aang walked over to their creature and climbed on him.

"Wait so there really is a ghost?" Sokka hid behind Katara, looking around.

"Yes, and we have to help her, come on." The rest of them joined him and they flew off towards the building.