Birmingham Born And Raised

Finally, after lost of persuasive chats with Polly, John had made the decision on returning back to Birmingham to visit his family and fill them in on what had been going on all of the years that they had assumed he was dead

He was terrified; that was for sure.

Tommy was bound to be infuriated with his brother but John done what he had to do in order to keep his family safe in the long run.

Thankfully, the Changretta's weren't fussed about Polly finding out John's secret. In fact, the didn't care one bit since they had gotten their money all those years ago. That and they were defeated by the Peaky Blinders and they didn't want to fight another war they knew that they could not win.

So, here they were; Small Heath, Birmingham.

John Shelby 'Sheldon' and Lucille River walking hand in hand down the musky, cobble streets with both fear and confidence of being back home radiating off of them.

The Garrison grew deathly quiet as two very familiar looking ghosts walked through the doors and brought a mix of emotions along with them.

"Jesus fuckin' Christ. Look who it is! Get over here, Luce!" Harry took notice of Lucille before he even acknowledged that she had a man linked to her by the fingers. "Fuck me. John Shelby, rose from the dead."

Both Lucille and John had walked to the bar to speak to Harry but the doors to the private room opened and out walked all three Shelby brothers; each with a different facial expression smacked on their features.

Finn Shelby was stood gobsmacked upon seeing who was stood against the bar with Harry.

Arthur, poor Arthur, had tears in his eyes that were ready to fall any second and wavering lips as he tried to smile without sobbing.

Then there was Thomas who was as cold as he always had been. Eyes like an iced over river in the harsh winter and a face of stone to match.

"Everybody out! Go! Fuck off!" Tommy had yelled and almost immediately every customer in the pub began scurrying out of the doors as fast as they could until it was empty and filled with silence. "And where the fuck have you been, eh?"

It was unclear which of the two in front of him he was speaking to and John was too scared to answer as his grip tightened slightly around Lucille's hand.

"Nice to see you too, Thomas." She spat her words with a glare as cold as his own. "What a nice way to welcome back your brother."

He was about to reply something equally as sarcastic and cold but both Finn and Arthur had pushed past him and ran straight for Lucille and John, pulling both of them in for a bone crushing hug.

"God, I've miss you two." Finn had mumbled into the group hug.

"Let me out of here and give your brother all the attention. He has been dead the past few years."