Proposals And Celebrations

"Right, listen up rug-rats!" John had made himself known to the whole house as he arrived home from work that day, yelling for the kids to pay attention to him

"Right, listen up rug-rats!" John had made himself known to the whole house as he arrived home from work that day, yelling for the kids to pay attention to him. "Come in 'ere for a minute!"

Almost immediately after yelling, a stampede of feed came bounding down the stairs and to the lounge where John was stood in the doorway waiting for them.

Lucille was sat in one of the arm chairs with a book that she had to close over and sit on the table to pay attention to what was going on in the house.

All six kids ran past their father and into the lounge where they fought and pushed each other to try and get a space on the sofa and not have to sit on the floor.

Of course all three older kids (Elizabeth, William and John Jr) secured the comfortable seats and the three youngest (Matthew, Archie and Dayna) had to deal with the wooden floor and a rug as a seat for now.

John closed the door to the lounge once all the kids were sat down and ready for their father to start speaking before he sat on the arm of the chair that Lucille was comfortably reclined in.

It amazed him how they were so obedient and well mannered now yet, when they were all younger, he struggled to have them say 'please and thank you' or sit down for more than five minutes.

John always told Lucille that it was she and his previous wife who had moulded them into the nice kids they were today.

"What's going on?" Lucille had whispered to him but he just smirked down at her cheekily. "John."

"This weekend, Lucille and I are going away for the weekend. Surprise, by the way." He had smiled down at her before looking back at the kids. "I've asked Helen to be stay with you lot this weekend so try not to run rings around her please. Be good, yeah?"

"Okay daddy." Little Dayna smiled brightly at her father with a big toothy grin.

"Promise? All of you?" A mixture of 'Promise, dad' as well as eye rolls from the older kids were sounded throughout the room before he decided to send them on their way. "Alright, on you go then."

With that the kids jumped up from their seats and ran off throughout the house.

Lucille loved the sound of feet running around the house and just reminded her of how much she wanted her own kids eventually... With John of course.

"So, where are we off to, Mister Sheldon?" She looked up at him with wide, curious eyes and a little smile teasing her lips. "Somewhere nice I hope."

"We are going to Sydney where we will be staying in the fanciest fuckin' hotel I could find for the weekend." Lucille gasped. "Close your mouth, love. You need it well rested for our weekend away, eh?"

The cheeky wink and smirk that snuck onto John's face sent a blush rushing to Lucille's cheeks and she gently slapped his check with the back of her hand.