Kota clasps his hands together, "Well Anna, I think and I know that we are going to be good friends. Best friends, even." He chuckles at me.

"You guys barely know me so why would you hang out with me?" I arch an eyebrow at them.

All of them roll their eyes at me.

"So what? That doesn't mean we can never be friends. I like you so we're friends now and you're going to hang out with us." Kota dismissively waves his hand, a smile never leaving his lips.

"I meant it when I said we're going to be best friends." Kota pats my shoulder and I smile. I hear the two boys chuckle at us.

At least I earned myself some company, befriending these guys might have been a good thing. Kota's cuteness was simply irresistible.

"I didn't see you coming inside." I frown with confusion.

Nico points his finger at the corner of the room, "We were in the karaoke room and Kota was screeching his lungs out."

I could see Kota glaring at Nico and I chuckle.

"I wasn't screeching!" Kota defends himself, "You're just jealous of my skills." He scoffs at the two boys.

I somehow end up teaching Kota how to play the grand piano. To say he was bad at it was an understatement, he was fucking terrible at it.

My patience was running out.

"You idiot! I said C5, why the fuck are you pressing F3!" I lightly slap Kota's shoulders while he fakes a sob and I roll my eyes at him.

"Please make him stop or else my ears are will tear apart." Nico groans as he covers his ears with his hands.

"I'm never allowing you to play the piano again or else you will make me hate it." I groan as I shake my head.

"I second that." Nico nods his head while Kota glares at us both.

It was just us three in the room. Theo had left in search of his other friend which I didn't really care about since I was busy teaching Kota.

My eyes slowly land on the clock and my eyes widen in shock.

I quickly stand on my feet, "Shit, I'm supposed to have a class right now!" I hiss and I dig my hand into my pocket.

I quickly remove the paper from my pocket. My fucking timetable was already crinkled.

A great way to start your first day, Adrianna.

"What year are you in?" Kota asks rather excitedly and I could see his eyes almost sparkling in...happiness?

"Junior?" I almost question myself as I worriedly glance at Kota who was madly jumping.

He must have been possessed by a spirit belonging to a five-year-old.

Kota quickly snatches the paper from my hands and scans it, a grin soon breaking out on his face.

"Great! You're in some of my classes." He cheers, "We were destined to be best friends, Anna." He grins as he hugs me.

Kota looks at Nico, "She's in some of our classes, some with Theo and Elijah but we have Biology together now!"

"Who's Elijah?" I ask as I frown at the two boys.

He possibly couldn't be the same Elijah I was thinking about.

The Elijah I met when I was a child, the son of my father's best friend. However, I couldn't remember how he looked now.

"You'll meet him soon and you'll absolutely love him!" Kota laughs at me as he drags us to the Biology class.

Love? I barely liked any people.

We were a few minutes late to class but we were excused since Nico was with us. Nico was apparently the top student in this academy.

I expected nothing less from the heir of a medical business.

The Harringtons had always been the brainiest among the wealthy socialists.

And of course, I end up sitting between Nico and Kota. How? These two practically own the school so the professors will do anything to get on their good side.

Well, Nico's side. Kota was apparently dumb. Nico's words, not mine.

Kota starts to throw paper balls at me and he finds my annoyed expression hilarious.

If only he knew how many bones I broke before I came here.

But I couldn't possibly harm him since he was a sweetheart.

I look around the class since I could feel their stares burning holes into my body. I saw this coming since I was hanging out with two of the wealthiest boys.

"We're going to have a surprise test!" The teacher announces and the class breaks out into a fit of groans.

I would have had the same reaction but this was nothing. Being at the top of the social ladder meant that you couldn't have flaws. You had to be perfect.

I wasn't perfect.

Who was? We all have our flaws.

Nico and I were the only ones who were calm. Kota was panicking next to me and I stare at him with amused eyes.

"That's karma for throwing paper balls at me." I scoff at Kota while he starts praying to get more than a zero.

"Why aren't you panicking?" Nico asks me as he arches an eyebrow at me.

"Am I supposed to?" I shrug with a small smile.

"It's a surprise test, Anna." Nico frowns at me as his eyes start to study me.

"Do you think I'm dumb, Nico?" I chuckle at him.

"By your aura, you don't look dumb. You look like an intelligent girl, Anna." Nico says as he stares into my eyes.

This boy was truly an intellectual, no wonder he was the top student of the school. If I drop a few more hints, he would probably figure everything out.

"I'm not a scholarship student for no silly reason." I hum as I tap my fingers against the table.

The teacher hands out the quiz which would apparently last thirty minutes, ending on the bell.

I glance at the paper and smile. Thirty minutes? I could finish this in five minutes.

I quickly whiz through the test and within a few minutes, I was done.

I glanced at Kota who was still on the first few questions and I was going to burst out into laughter.

I gave Nico a small smile since he was also done.

I didn't expect my first day to go so well. Maybe these boys weren't as bad for me as I first thought. They were everything I needed. Now, a month didn't seem that long.

 Now, a month didn't seem that long