Crazy

I stood at the cook top in my black shorts, light pink bralette, and flowy black tank top. Mama Gilbert was whipping up some pancakes. I was in charge of the eggs. Never my strong suit, but I didn't argue with her. I haven't known her for very long, but I did know that you never argue with Mama. She will tan your hide. 

Everyone was gathered around the island and dining table. The conversation and soft music filled the air. It was truly a great Sunday morning. I perused the room, looking at everyone there. Everyone who was supporting and sending their well wishes to Brantley. It was like something I had never felt before. 

Speak of the devil, he had just emerged from the hallway, looking tired and drained. That was his own fault. Three rounds will do that to you. He adjusted his black sweat pants on his hips. The white t-shirt he was wearing clung to every muscle. Man, what I wouldn't do to have a fourth go around. I kept myself in check though, paying attention to the eggs I was scrambling. 

"Well, good morning sleepy head. Nice to see you're alive." Mama Gilbert replied, planting a kiss on Brantley's cheek. He grunted in response. I nudged a cup of coffee his way. He came over beside me, placing a kiss on my temple. 

"Thank you, darlin'." His low southern drawl forcing me to look in to his green eyes. He smirked, patting my bottom lightly. 

"Watch those hands, Mister." Mama Gilbert said, raising her silver spatula at Brantley. He back away slowly, placing his left hand in the air as a sign of defeat. 

After all of the food was done cooking, we placed it on the counters buffet style. It all smelled so wonderful. Everyone plated up some goodies and we sat around laughing and joking, enjoying the company. 

Brantley sat next to me at the dining table, talking with Kolby. Lindsay sat on my other side, going on about how they were going to be looking for a brand new place of their own. They were going to look in town where her and I were both now. Which made me feel better knowing I didn't have to travel to get to them. Brantley placed a hand on my left knee, tracing circles with his thumb. I smiled up at him, leaning in to him more. He let his hand travel up my leg a little further. I shot him a look to let him know he was playing with fire. He chuckled and pulled his hand away. I got up to help clean up and do the dishes. About an hour later, everyone was gone. Friends said goodbye and wished Brantley good luck out on tour, promising to catch one of his shows when he was in town. Mama Gilbert said that she would be by tomorrow to see him off. Kolby and Lindsay left to continue their house hunting. It was just the two of us. 

"That was a successful weekend." I stated, sliding on to the couch in the living room. Brantley agreed, laughing about every funny little thing that happened. He sat quiety in his brown leather recliner, looking out the  large windows that showcased the mountains on the other side of town. I sat there watching as well, contemplating on saying what was on my mind. 

I bit my lip and cleared my throat. "So, you leave tomorrow morning." 

"Yup. Gotta get the show on the road." He chuckled. 

I rolled my eyes at his cheesiness. I didn't say anything else for a few minutes. He looked over at me sitting there deep in thought. 

"What has you so worked up, sugar? You look like you need to say something." Brantley swiveled the chair my way, stroking his beard. 

I swallowed hard, unsure if I should really say something. I looked at him, slightly concerned at what he may say. "What does this tour mean for you and I?" 

Brantley stopped rocking for a minute, as though this was something new that never crossed his mind. I mean, we were only seeing each other for a short amount of time. But I felt like I was fully invested at this point. There was no turning back. 

"Well, I think it means that we will have to work extra hard at seeing one another. More facetiming and some phone sex." He raised his eyebrows for good measure. I blushed slightly. 

"Brantley, for real." I rolled my eyes. 

"Okay, okay. Hannah, I think that you should move in here. I mean, you spend a lot of time here anyway. And it is closer to work for you. Yeah, I will be out on tour, but then I can come home to you when I have breaks. And you can come out to me when you have a break from school. If I had it my way, you would quit teaching and come on the road with me. But I could never ask you to do that. I know you love those kids like they are your own. But, what do you say? Move in while I am away?" Brantley played with the shiny silver rings adorning both hands. He looked nervous, like I had never seen before. 

I was slightly taken back. That is not what I thought was going to come out of this conversation. I was preparing for the worst. And here is this man, hot as can be I may add, asking me to move in with him. In the midst of everything crazy going on. I had worked hard to get myself established in the little house I called home. I was scared, but also excited. It was a chance to truly start over. 

I stood up, his green eyes following me. I walked over to him and placed myself on his lap, looking down at him. 

"Yes." 

"Yeah?" 

"Yeah." I smiled, leaning down to kiss his perfectly soft lips. I didn't know if I was stupid or crazy, but I did know that I already loved this man more than anything. And that's all that mattered. 

A/N: Hey friends! I think this will be the end of Tennessee Whiskey! It will set me up for a sequel to maybe make this an ongoing series! I am sorry I cut this short! It isn't exactly where I thought this was going, but hey, I'm not mad about it. So I hope you enjoyed this story! If you have not yet, check out Shotgun Pretty! And stay tuned, because I have another Brantley plot in the works!