Good Game

I heard quiet footsteps and voices coming from the kitchen. I couldn't quite make out who they were coming from. The sound of pots clammering startling me. Laughter following. I slowly sat up and looked around. I was engulfed in a large, cream down blanket. A million fluffy pillows behind me. A snoring body next to me. I remembered where I was now. 

I sat there for a minute before deciding to get up. My feet hit the wooden floor. I stretched my arms up towards the ceiling. I was only wearing a t-shirt that wasn't mine and underwear. I roamed around for a pair of sweat pants and found a black pair sitting on the plush, comfy chair by the window. I threw them on and headed out to the kitchen where the voices were coming from, leaving the snoring lump back in bed all huddled under the covers. 

I reached the entrance to the kitchen when I was met with a huge smile.

"Good morning Miss Hannah." Kolby smiled, standing at the cook top. 

Lindsay was sitting on a bar stool at the island, facing Kolby with a shit eating grin upon her lips. She patted the seat next to her. I sat down and poured myself some orange juice.

"Fancy seeing you here." Lindsay replied, looking over at me. I just raised my glass to her. "Rough night?"

"No," I tried to hide the fact that Brantley made love to me multiple times during the night, but my tired face and bags under my eyes begged to differ.

"Oh, so that wasn't you guys making all that noise at 1 o'clock this morning?" Kolby asked, flipping some eggs. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." 

"The banging against the wall. You didn't hear that? It woke me right up." Lindsay said, stealing a piece of fruit from the bowl of fruit salad. 

"I'm a sound sleeper. It must've been Brantley getting up to go to the bathroom or something."

"Must've been." Lindsay eyed me, taking another strawberry from the bowl. 

I took another sip of my juice. I never intended on staying the night. Actually, I was ready to leave after Brantley threw me on his bed and had his way with me. But he conviced me, with great effort, to stay. We didn't expect anyone to come home. And to be honest, I didn't even hear Kolby and Lindsay come in last night. 

"I hope you're hungry." Kolby plated up some eggs and fruit and handed it to me.

"I know I usually am after...." Lindsay began.

"Oh my Lord! Stop it!" I swatted at her, blushing. 

Kolby made a plate for her and himself and sat down by us to eat. We were almost all the way through with breakfast, when a low groan came from the hallway.

" You look like hell." Kolby said, watching Brantley emerge into the kitchen. 

"That's what staying up all night will do to you." Lindsay shoved a fork full of eggs in her mouth.

Brantley didn't reply. He walked over to the counter and poured himself a big mug of coffee. He leaned against the counter and stared over at me. He offered me a secret little smile as to say 'good game coach'. 

I smirked and took a long swig of my orange juice. We all finished up our breakfast. Kolby and Lindsay decided to go over to her place to watch some movies on this dreary day. Or so they said. I know what got Kolby and Lindsay in their current situation in the first place. They couldn't keep their hands off each other, even more now than before.

I was in the bathroom, throwing some water on my face after I changed into my clothes from the day before, when there was a knock on the door. I opened it to see Brantley standing there with his hands in his sweat pants pockets. 

"Hey there, cowboy."

He let out a low laugh, looking down at the ground and back up to me. He stood there quietly for a few minutes, or what felt like a long amount of time.

"What's up?" I questioned, turning my whole body to face him. 

"Hannah, I really like you. I had a great time last night. I am just making sure that this isn't a one time thing. Or that you don't think it's just a one time thing. I like sex just as much as the next guy, but if we are doing this, I want to do this all the way." Brantley stated, catching me by surprise. I knew he could have his sensitive side from stories I have heard. But I wasn't expecting this.

 I placed the hand towel down on the counter by the bathroom sink. "Brantley, I like you too. I am not a one night stand kind of girl. I am not even a sleep with the guy within the first few months kind of girl. But you, you bring something out in me that I didn't even know was there. So, no I don't think this is a one time thing. And it better not be a short time thing. I don't have time for that."

Brantley smiled and leaned over to kiss me. I tried to enjoy it and quiet my mind of the many thoughts racing a mile a minute. I didn't know that I was really ready for this, but I laid it all on the line. And there was no turning back.

A/N: Hi! This is just a filler chapter pretty much, writer's block. I hope you enjoyed it either way! Vote, leave kind comments, like! You guys are awesome!