Carried Away

American Sniper was playing on the projector screen. We were about thirty minutes in. I was still sitting on Brantley's lap where he had put me at the beginning of the movie. It was peaceful down in the theatre. Lindsay and Kolby were still upstairs. 

I looked up at Brantley. He was watching intently. I went to turn my head away, but he stopped me with his hand on my chin. He leaned down and kissed me sweetly. His lips warm and soft. Brantley pulled away for second, gazing at me with his green eyes that sparkled in the light of the screen. I smiled up at him. Brantley leaned back down and kissed me again, intensifying it after a few seconds. We began to make out like high school kids, our hands roaming around. He started to kiss my neck, when I placed my right hand on his chest, stopping him. 

"As much as I love this, I want to stop before we get carried away." 

Brantley looked at me with saddened eyes, but understood. 

"This weekend. I promise." I winked. He laughed, returning his attention back to the screen. 

After the movie was over, Brantley closed up down here and we headed up to the bedroom. Lindsay and Kolby must've gone over to her place because they were nowhere in sight. I grabbed my pajamas from the gym bag I brought and went in to the bathroom to get changed. I washed my face and threw my chocolate brown hair up in a messy bun. 

"Damn, girl. You look hot in those short shorts and tank top. Are you sure you want to wait until the weekend?" Brantley cocked an eyebrow. He was standing next to his dresser, only a pair of navy blue basketball shorts on. His abs out in the open. Ugh man, did I want him right now. 

"Easy there, cowboy." I smirked, walking over to him. He gently grabbed my waist, pulling me closer. 

He kissed me, and pulled away. "Alright. Let's get to bed before you turn in to a pumpkin like Lindsay said." 

I playfully swatted at him, rolling my eyes. He got on his side of the bed closest to the door. I walked around and hopped on the other side. His bed was so comfortable and big. Pillows everywhere. The cream colored down comforter felt nice as the central air blasted a cool breeze in the room. The ceiling fan above the bed going. 

"G'night darlin'."

"Goodnight, Brant." And with that, I drifted off to a deep sleep. 

I awoke to my alarm going off at 5:45am. I expected snoring beside me, but it was quiet. I got up slowly, not wanting to wake Brantley up. I tip toed over to my bag and brought it with me this time to the bathroom across the hall. I was about to shut the door, when the smell of bacon and eggs hit me. 

"That's weird." I walked down the hallway to the kitchen. Brantley was at the cook top, frying up some eggs. The bacon the the griddle behind him.

"Good morning sunshine." He looked up at me, a mega watt smile on his face.

"When did you get up?" I asked, confused. 

"About 5:30. Can't go to work without eating a good breakfast." He gestured with his spatula in hand. 

I walked over to him, giving him a hug fromt he side. "Brantley Gilbert, you sure are amazing." 

"Well, shucks darlin'. You're gonna make a grown man blush." He said in his rough morning voice. 

"I am going to hop in the shower quick before we eat." I said, stepping away. 

"Hurry that cute little ass up." He pointed at me. 

I ran down the hallway to the bathroom, shutting the door. Gosh, I could get used to this. I turned on the hot water and jumoed in the shower. I let the water run over my body. I just stood there, steam rising all around me. It felt so good.  I lathered up my hair and body, rinsed off, and got out. I got dressed, putting my hair back up in a messy bun. It was Friday. That was the best I had to give. My navy blue flowy 3/4 sleeve top and gray dress pants were professional enough. My light gray flats and some jewelry completed the look. I walked out with my bag slung over my shoulder. I entered the kitchen to see Brantley already eating at the island, my plate next to his. A hot cup of coffee steaming next to my plate. 

"You clean up nice." He replied, forking some eggs in to his mouth. 

"Thanks." I laughed, not sure how to take that comment. 

"I meant, you look really pretty." 

"Thank you, that was kind." I smiled, sitting down next to him. We ate in silence. I took a big swig of my coffee, looking at the time. "I would help with the dishes, but I need to be going. I don't want to be late." 

"I'm leaving them for Kolby to do." He shrugged, placing our plates and cups in the big farmhouse style sink. 

He walked me down to my Suburban, opening the back door to place my belongings in. He shut the door and stood there in front of me. Still only wearing his basketball shorts. 

"I'll see you tonight?" He asked. 

"Yes sir," I shook my head. I hadn't planned on coming over until tomorrow. But I couldn't pass up an extra night with him. I was really liking the time we were starting to spend with one another. 

"Have a good day with the little monsters, darlin'." He chuckled, planting a kiss on my lips one last time before I went off to work.