All Over the Place

I quietly sat in my own bed with my lap top, freshly showered and working on some worksheets for the little ones in my class for their first day. I always loved the excitement of a new school year, but I was beginning to reach the teacher burn out faster than I thought I would. 

I took another sip of my hot tea with the most delicious local honey, when my phone pinged, signaling a text message.

'Free?' 

'As much as I want to be, I am working on some things :('

'I am in town and was going to stop by'

'Sorry, Brant. This needs to get done'

'Well then I guess I'll back out of your driveway and head home'

I set the phone on my lap and peered out the front window of my bedroom. I saw headlights of a big truck parked next to my Suburban. I got up and went out in to the living room, opening the front door. The driver's side window rolled down.

"Hey, darlin'. Just wanted to stop by and make sure you were okay." His deep voice bringing a smile to my face. I walked across the grass barefoot and stopped right outside his driver's side door. 

"All good." I leaned up and gave him a kiss. A sweet one that made my heart melt. "What were you doing in town?"

"I had to take care of a few things at the bank earlier. And then I stopped and had dinner with Mama." 

"Oh." I shook my head. I had a feeling the bank situation had to do with whoever he had a fight on the phone with last night, but didn't want to pry. 

"You sure your okay?" He questioned, looking down at me under that black baseball cap of his. 

"Yup, just tired." I sighed, "I better get back in there and finish up the work I need done for the kiddos." 

" Okay, if you say so." Brantley leaned over the window sill of the truck and kissed me again, deepening it this time. I didn't want to get too carried away, so I pulled away.

"Safe drive home." I smiled, pointing at him. I walked back in to the house before he could say anything else. I stood by the door as he backed out of my driveway slowly and drove down the road out of my little neighborhood. 

To be honest, I didn't know if I was okay. I believed Brantley when he said this wasn't going to be a one night fling or a short term thing. But I couldn't help but feel uneasy about what he could possibly be dealing with. He was super angry on the phone when I had shown up. And the girl in the Mercedes a couple nights before. Who was she and what was going on? I mean, I knew little about Brantley in comparison to what I should. I didn't even really know what kind of music he sang. I just went by the stories I had heard. I tried not to listen to the rumors that would circulate in town. Especially because they involved me at one point. And then there was the whole thing with my past. I locked my door and headed back in to my bedroom to finish up my work. It was going to be an early night for me. I needed the sleep. 

The next morning, I met Lindsay at the coffee shop in town. I ordered an iced latte and a cinnamon bun and sat at a table outside. Lindsay joined with her decaf blended coffee and a bagel. 

"Linds, what can you tell me about Brantley? I mean, personally. I know you had mentioned about his fiancee leaving and all that jazz. Does that have to do with the girl in the Mercedes the other night? Or what he has been dealing with at the bank?" I ask in a hushed tone, taking a bite of my cinnamon bun. 

"I'm guessing. I don't really know. He doesn't say much and neither does Kolby. From what I have heard from others, the split with his fiancee is a nasty one." Lindsay took a sip of her blended beverage and looked at me. "Why?"

"I don't know. Just wondering. I feel like my emotions are all over the place lately. I like Brantley. Then I think we are taking this too fast. Then I don't think we are taking things fats enough, even though we have only been really seeing eachother for a short amount of time. And I also don't know if I am really his girlfriend even though he says this isn't a short time thing." 

"Girl, you worry too much. Brantley basically fucked your brains out for horus two nights ago and you're worried this is some sort of short term thing? I do know that he doesn't sleep around with just anyone." 

Maybe Lindsay was right. I needed to get my emotions in check and not be all over the damn place. It wasn't like me at all. I always had it all together. I don't know what is going on anymore.

A/N: Another filler chapter! Still at a road block here, but I will get through it! I hope you still enjoy this chapter!