12

Francis' Point of View
Today Mary and Tomas are officially engaged. I don't like him, but Mary needs to do what is best for Scotland. And right now Portugal is best for Scotland. My Father isn't just being stubborn, we really have no troops to spare. I wish we did. I can't tell Mary I have feelings for her because that will change her decision. We are royals, we can't get love involved in our decisions. There is a big ball tonight in honor of their stupid engagement. I got dressed and went to the ballroom. Tomas was at a table with prostitutes. What an asshole. Well I did the same thing. But still he is worse. I knew it was bad and I stopped but he doesn't even care. Mary was standing alone. I went over to her. "Are you okay?" I asked "Yes." She said "No you're not, you're shaking." I said, I put hand on her shoulder. "I'm just tired." She said "Whats on your lip?" I asked "Nothing." She said "Is that blood? Did he hit you?" I asked "No, Francis it's fine." She said "Then explain how you got that." I said "I tripped." She said "You tripped? And only hurt yourself in one place?" I asked "Francis, meet in my room at midnight." She said "Why?" I asked "Because people can't see us together." She said "Okay." I said "Go please." She said, I walked away from her. I looked at the clock. It's eleven. So I have one hour to kill. I went over to Kenna and Greer. "What's going on with Mary?" I asked "Nothing." They said in unison. "Did Mary tell you not to tell me?" I asked "Maybe." Kenna said "Mary is your best friend, and she is my, well she is someone important to me so tell me what's going on." I said, they looked at each other. "Tomas is abusing Mary, he thinks she still has feelings for you and he doesn't want you around her." Greer said. I looked over and Tomas was yelling at Mary. "Oh god, she asked me to go to her room at midnight. Should I not go?" I asked "No, go. She wants to talk to you." Kenna said. "Okay, thank you." I said, I grabbed a two slices of cake and went to my room. I got a big blanket and changed into someone more comfortable. I went to Mary's room. I opened the door and saw her. She was sitting on couch in a night gown brushing through her hair. "Hi." I said "Hi, close the door." She smiled. I closed the door, I set down the blankets and cake then I locked the door and went over to her. I sat down. "It's not that bad." She said, she pulled down the shoulder of her dress and there were bruises. "Mary! Even a little scratch is bad, he should never have even thought about laying a hand on you." I said "I have to do this." She said "No you don't, the companies haven't been sent out yet." I said "Francis what reason do I have stay in France?" She asked "Me." I said "You?" She asked "Yes, I want you." I said "Francis, I can't." She said "Why?" I asked "Because I can't play your games, you don't know what you want. You don't know if you want to be in a committed relationship." She said "Mary, I know I want you. Only you." I said "I want you." She said, she leaned in and kissed me. She pushed me back on the couch. "Wait no." I said "Are you seriously doing this again?" She asked "No," I smiled "it's just I don't want you to think you're just a number to me. So we are going to sit here and eat the cake I brought and then I'm gonna be super sweet and give you lots of kisses and cuddles." I said "I knew you weren't the tough guy you pretended to be." She smiled "What are you gonna do about Tomas?" I asked "I'm not gonna think about him tonight." She said. I kissed her bruised shoulder and all the way up her neck. "Francis." She moaned. "Why is your skin so soft and why do you smell so good?" I smiled "Because I was waiting for you to make your move." She smiled "Well I'm just stupid for not making my move earlier." I smiled "Agreed." She smiled then kissed me.