16. Contented

"You can go home now," Shinobu spoke as she had finished checking up on Sanemi's wounds after the intense fight that they had gone through. She soon left the room that Sanemi had stayed in and shut the door behind her.

Shinazugawa Sanemi, the former Wind Hashira who had lost an eye due to the intense battle he had against an Upper Moon Two, Doma. The anger he had boiling within him as he recalled how that bastard violated [name], and how he had taken her away from him. How he had murdered his child so easily.

With so much ease.

He stood up as he wore the button-up white shirt of the uniform and looked at himself in the mirror. Having just woken up from a coma due to how he was so close to death, he could only wish that he had died together with [name]. He sighed as he looked into the mirror that was present in the room, and started to button up his shirt.

Looking as the silver band on his ring finger still remained till this day.

"Best be paying Oyakata-sama a visit..." he mumbled to himself as he sighed once more. He looked at his nichirin blade that laid against the bed he laid upon on for the entire period he was in a coma. Grabbing hold of it, he proceeded to walk out of the room.

Thanking the girls who had nursed him back to health despite how he didn't know. He eventually walked out of the Butterfly Estate, only to have his pale purple eye widened as he noticed the former Hashiras had gathered.

"Took you long enough to wake up, Shinazugawa!" Sabito yelled out, and Sanemi could only smile in response then. There wasn't any other reason for him to be scowling at his friends now.

"Are you going to pay Oyakata-sama a visit?" Shinobu asked as she gently rearranged the bandage on the small wound he still had on his face. He grunted in response and proceeded to walk towards where the Ubushiyaki Estate was located at.

That's when he realized, everybody was going as well.

They soon reached the Ubushiyaki household and stood before the entrance. They watched as the door slowly opened and there stood Kiriya who had a smile on his face. He then motioned for them to enter, and Sanemi was almost immediately engulfed into tight hugs by none other than [name]'s younger siblings who couldn't help but want to hug him due to how much he had protected their older sister.

"Sanemi, we were expecting you," Amane spoke out and Sanemi could only softly smile at her in response. Amane then smiled as she motioned for him and the other Hashiras to enter their humble home, that now felt a tad bit too empty to him.

For [name]'s soul was no longer there.

Sanemi then noticed he was having much difficulty in walking as [name]'s younger siblings were still latched onto him, not letting him go in any form of way.

"Children, please, let Sanemi walk properly," and with that their children soon let go of Sanemi, allowing her to walk properly as she made her way towards where Amane was waiting for her. Sanemi and the Hashiras soon entered the room where Oyakata-sama was seen sitting up in front of a table with food, and soon Amane gestured for them to take a seat as well.

Only for Sanemi to stop as the Hashiras soon found their seats. His pale purple eye widened then as he noticed a familiar-looking eldest daughter of Oyakata-sama was seen standing right at the door. With her hair a little messy as her lavender eyes were tired.

The Hashiras could only watch with a sad smile on their faces as they looked at Sanemi who had tears rolling down his face as he looked at the girl before him. He watched as she soon raised her hands up to rub her lavender eyes, only to stop and tilt her head in confusion.