"He said something about us thinking that he's a stupid Rook." Tracer said.

"We shouldn't make any rash move. I think he's a bit violent now compared to the gentle Shielder." it was Alter's man who said that

I was just listening to them as they started to plan on how they will take their Rook back to them. It was so weird that I'm an enemy yet I could hear the plan that they're making. Mukha pa ngang wala silang pakialam kung marinig ko ang plano nila.

I felt Loki's hand held mine kaya napatingin ako sa kanya. He still looked pale but when he smiled at me, I realized that he'll always be the most attractive man for me.

"We should do something about the two Bishops. I'm sure na kayang-kaya natin sila if ever they think of hiring goons as their pawn. Yung mga Bishop lang talaga ang problema." Aius said and the man with amber eyes nodded.

"The Queen's Bishop is wounded so we're at advantage."

"Not really." Aius shook his head. "We don't want to hurt Gray. Kaya kung may gawin sya, then we couldn't fight him back. So better move quickly and capture him before he decided for a move."

"Leave the Queen's Bishop to me." Alter's man said.

"Ako nang bahala kay Violet." it was the man with amber eyes who said that and Aius agreed with them.

"Hunter and I will try to talk with Shielder."

I rolled my eyes. They were all talking like I'm not even here! It was my team that they were talking about and I could hear them! Hindi ba nila naisip that I might do something to ruin that stupid plan of them?

"What if... he wouldn't show himself?" Tracer asked and I could hear the uncertainty in his voice. Na para bang ayaw nyang mangyari ang tinanong nya but he still asked it in the end.

"He will." Loki answered. "He will take Eresh back. He would never put that much effort of hiring goons, infiltrate the Palace and sending one of the higher pieces just to take her back."

I felt his grip on my hand tightened. He was bothered by his words... I know, 'cause I saw it in his eyes. Mahigpit ang pagkakahawak nya sa kamay ko, not even wanting to let it go.

It just made my heart aches so much. 'Cause I know that at the end of this day... I have to leave.

Mas tumindi pa ang sakit sa dibdib ko lalo na nang sumapit ang gabi. I tried to act normal so Loki wouldn't notice anything wrong. It was hard 'cause he knew me very well. Sa saglit na panahong magkasama kami ay nakilala nya agad ako so I couldn't hide anything from him. I just hope that the pain from his wounds would distract him from me.

Fuck... My heart hurts so much.

"You should rest." I told Loki when it was already time to sleep. He was still sitting on the bed, his back leaning on the headboard while he's staring at me.

I wanted to look away but I know that I shouldn't dahil makakahalata sya. It feels like... he was trying to read what's on my mind.

"I'm... scared of what's gonna happen." he said after some time of staring at me.

Mabilis akong napatingin sa kanya. My lips slightly parted with surprise because of his words. I couldn't believe that I will ever hear him use that words. That he's scared. That he would admit that he's scared of something.

I covered the half of his body with comforter.

"Sleep, Loki. You need to get your strength back." I said.

"You're not thinking of leaving me, aren't you?"

Pinigilan ko ang mapasinghap sa gulat dahil sa tanong nya. I knew it. He has an idea. I don't know how but I really tried my best to act normal earlier. Nagsungit ako and at the same time, tried to be sweet to him kahit na ang gusto kong gawin ay makasama sya sa buong araw ngayon.