《Chapter 21: More than One》

"THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SEMIFINALS!!! AND CLEARLY THEY HAVE BECOME FAN FAVORITES OF THIS EVENT! FROM THE HERO COURSE, (Y/N) (L/N)!!!"

The crowd roars at Present Mic's commentation. I felt proud to be standing here; the attention was focused at me. One might be nervous if they were in the spotlight, recieving the attention of hundreds or thousands of people. But, I felt no tinge of anxiousness. As I stand here on this arena, my attention wasn't towards the yells and cheers of people, it was unto one man who was standing on the other side of the arena.

His heterochromatic eyes locked unto mine. His face devoid of any emotion- as usual of him.

"VERSUS... ALSO FROM THE HERO COURSE, SHOTO TODOROKI!!!!".

I clenched my fists tightly. He was the next hurdle I have to overcome. No- we were each other's hurdles.

"Throw away this match (Y/n), I don't want to fight you" He said to me.

The nerve to tell me that...

"Do you think I'm someone weak who can't endure your ice and flames?" I gritted my teeth. "I've come so far Shoto... And let me remind you, I'm not going to hold back and don't you dare go easy on me".

"You're recklessly trying to fix something that doesn't need your repair" He replied.

I could feel the my quirk resonate to the anger I was feeling. My fist were shaking, my brows lowered. I gave him a tight lipped smile as I replied, "And you're telling someone whose work so hard to reach this spot to throw it all away... That's not going to happen Shoto".

Before the conversation continued, Present Mic yelled,

"START!!!".

In an instant, Shoto used his signature ice barrage against me. But what ticked me off was how miniscule they were compared to the ones he used against Midoriya and Sero. I easily dodge it. The idea of increasing the mobility on my leg braces were from Tenya. Although it wasn't as fast as his, I was still able to evade his attack.

He then used his quirk to create another barrage of glaciers at me. Though they were small, I had no intention of being caught in it. It's an instant end for me. Yet, it's so frustrating that he is only using his right side.

He still resents it...

I then realize what he was planning; he blocked any path of escape for me by creating ice barriers surrounding me.

"OH, (L/N)'S SURROUNDED!!!!"

Shoto then created another array of glaciers straight towards me.

"TODOROKI'S GOING FOR THE WIN RIGHT AWAY!"

I beg to differ Present Mic...

I took a great leap of faith, literally!

Before his ice could caught up to me, I used my quirk to let my leg braces carry me off the ground. It was the same as when I attempted it with my wheelchair. I never tried it before because it was hard to balance in mid-air, but I guess because of how critical the situation was, I miraculously did it.

I flew 10 feet above the ground, there was no rules against me flying off the ground. I wasn't beyond the bounds, I was still flying within the area.

"NOW LOOK AT IT FOLKS! (L/N) IS NOW AIRBORNE!!!!". The crowd went wild at what I did.

I looked down on Shoto whose eyes widened. I gave him a smug grin, "Like I said Shoto! I'm going at you with everything I got!" I then pulled out coins from my pockets and threw them in the air. They dance around my hand, "Now my turn".