24| Cases

Alexandria's POV

I woke up to a massive, throbbing headache. It felt like my head was being stretched by some invisible force.

How much did I drink?

Wait....where am I?

I blinked a few times and my surroundings became clear.

I'm either dead or for some unknown reason, I'm suddenly rich and living in this really modern apartment.

Before I could investigate about my whereabouts, a small ball of white fur came bounding over me.

The dog started licking my face and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

It's so cute! But.....when did I get a dog?

Wait no.....I only remember being at the bar last night.

Oh god, please tell me I didn't go home with some random person last night. It's the worst way to lose my virginity.

I looked at myself and saw that I wasn't in my clothes but just a massive button down shirt.

OH MY GOSH ALEXANDRIA WHAT IF YOU WENT HOME WITH A MAN LAST NIGHT?! UGHHHH! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SAVING IT FOR THE RIGHT PERSON!

WHAT IF HE DIDN'T USE PROTECTION?!

My thoughts were cut short when I heard a familiar voice say, "Good that you're awake, I would've hated to drag you to work."

I looked to where the familiar voice came from and saw Damien holding a cup of water.

"D-Damien did we-," I said frantically but he stifled back a laugh and said, "Oh nothing of the sort, now drink."

I reluctantly drank the water and said, "I see you've already met my dog Belle."

I put the glass on the coffee table nearby and said, "Yes she's gorgeous but I never pegged you to be the type to own a small fluffy dog."

"Those are stories for later, come join me for breakfast," he offered and I nodded and followed him to the dining table where there was already food waiting for us.

I felt my stomach grumble at the sight.

"Never thought that a guy like you had the time to learn how to cook," I teased and he rolled his eyes.

"I'll admit I had to watch a couple of videos and read various recipes to actually get things right with cooking," he said as he sat down next to me.

I made an exaggerated gasping face and said, "Dr. Damien Wright relying on methods that are not his own?! Unbelievable! It must be the end of the world."

"I see that you're handling your hangover well seeing that you are still able to tease me," he said as he gestured for me to dig into the food.

I happily obliged and grabbed some mini egg quiches for myself then I turned my attention back to him and asked, "So how did I end up here?"

"You drunk texted me to come meet you at the bar," he calmly explained, "And there I found you barely sitting on a stool."

"Wow, I can hardly remember that," I said.

"I guess you don't owe me one anymore, this is surprisingly a parallel of what happened to you a couple of weeks ago," I pointed out as he nodded.