Add/Deduct a Dollar

Start from the beginning

"How about, every time you ask me for a favor, we deduct a dollar. And when you consume all of it, our contract ends. Sounds good?" I asked with my fingers crossed behind me.

Please agree. Please. Please. Please.

"Fine, but to be fair, everytime you do something stupid, I'll add a dollar." He smirked.

Uggh, he's so good at these.

"Fine!" I agreed all I have to do to make this work is agree in his favors and avoid being stupid.

That would be easy. Right?

I raised my pinky finger and he looked at me confused. "What's that?"

"A pinky, duh." I said and I grabbed his hand. "Now, let's pinky swear."

"You're so childish."

"Whatever. Just do it!" I nagged.

Luckily, he did, but not after adding a dollar for my "stupidity."

Great. This will be fun.

"Wren, my mom just called. I have to leave first." Ynna said, approaching us. Looks like they're done paying our purchases.

"Oh, I'll go with you." Rona said to Ynna.

"Well, we're coming home, too. Right?" I turned to Ezekiel, waiting for his response.

"No." He said and instantly grabbed my hand."Wren and I needs to go somewhere."

I held his hand tighter to get his attention. What is he trying to do this time?

"Oooooh! Are you going on a date?" Ynna cheered.

"No!" I immediately said.

"Yes." Ezekiel said in unison.

"So know what? Ynna and I will leave first before you have your little love quarrel in front of us, okay? We get it, you're in a relationship and I'm single!" Rona nagged and proceeded to the exit.

Good Lord, please help him.

"I guess, we'll leave first. Okay?" Ynna said.

I turned to Ezekiel who's not paying attention to her. Uggh, Whatever!

"Okay, Ynna. Call me when you get home. For now, I'll have to deal with this infant." I said and waved her goodbye.

She laughed and turned to leave, but not after whispering a "Good Luck" to me. Ugh! Here comes her teasing me again.

"What did you just call me?" Ezekiel let go of my hand and crossed his arms.

"Nothing." I said and proceeded to the door but he grabbed my hand.

"That's an additional dollar for calling me an infant." Then he intertwined our hands together and we started walking outside the bookstore.

If he hear me, why would he ask me again right? So weird.

"Okay, well since I'm doing you a favor of staying here instead of going home, then let's deduct a dollar!" I said and he immediately stopped in  his tracks.

"Who said I was asking for a favor?"

"Uhmm, me?" I pointed at my face. "You were aching to leave earlier, and now, you want to stay here longer? What's wrong with you?"