Chapter 15

"Touch her again and you'll be dead"

______________________________

There are only seven of us left.

Each day a couple of people die. What will today bring? Will Cato keep his word and continue to protect me. Or will he break off the alliance like most allies do around this time?

I woke up in his arms this morning. I don't know how I got here, and I certainly don't remember moving last night.

I can't tell if Cato's changing in here, or if I'm the one that's changing.

I'm more aware bout the fact that I am wrapped around his finger like a string. I know it. But I can't help but give in.

Prime example? Last night.

I was so close to ending whatever is going on between us, even if that means I would have gotten myself killed in the process. But he somehow convinced me not too. I don't know if it's in moments like that where he tells me what I want to hear. Does he mean what he says?

I have trouble trusting Cato. I think most people do. What if he said he wanted more than just what's going on now? Who's to say he wouldn't start something else with another girl all over again.

I ran a stressed out hand through my hair.

"You okay?" Marvel asked. I looked over at him. He always noticed when something was wrong.

"How come you always know when somethings wrong?" He chuckled.

"You're easy to read Kat," he said. I rested my elbows on my knees.

"What am I thinking then?" I said.

"I said you're easy to read, not that I can read your mind. There's a difference," he said with a smile. I giggled and my stupidness. Cato's attention turned towards us. "Not so smart are we?"

"Hey!" I said with my mouth in the form of an 'o'. He smiled.

"I'm kidding, your the smartest girl I've ever met." I shrugged. I never thought of myself like that. Everybody just always assumed I was smart because of my parents. Marvel put his hand on my knee and smiled. "You also have a huge heart, I hope you know." I looked at his hand and I watched Cato march over with an angry look on his face.

He shoved Marvel back off the log. Marvel's back hits the ground with a loud this. He looks up at Cato with a shocked expression. And I looked at Cato with concern. Where the hell is this coming from?

"I fucking saw what you did Marvel. Don't ever touch her again!" He shouted. Oh no. Marvel got up quickly and got in Cato's face.

"You've been spitting out lies to keep her around, to keep her happy just for the moment," Marvel snapped back. "Do you know how selfish that is?"