Chapter 12

How does he keep managing to suck me back in?

_____________________

I woke up on my own today.

I don't know if it's because I was scared that Glimmer was going to kill me in my sleep or someone else would.

Apparently I got her pretty good with my knife. Finnick's considerate gift wasn't enough for Glimmer. I think he did that on purpose, I've never heard about a sponsor giving a gift meant for two people. I'll have to thank him for that if I somehow get out of here.

I felt something touch my back and I jumped up. I saw a sleeping Cato lying next to me and I sighed almost immediately. I really thought someone was right behind me. I saw his hand pat around next to him and his eyes slowly pealed opened. He sighed once he saw me sitting up.

"Lay back down," He muttered sleepily. His morning voice was so deep.

Those words were so demanding, but so comforting at the same time too. I gave him what he wanted, as I usually did. For the first time, ever, he wrapped his heavy ass huge bicep around me. My heart started beating like crazy as I cuddled into him. He would've never allowed this to happen at home. I'm shocked that he allowed it to happen here.

"How's your calf." I turned around to face him, and his arm remained in the same area.

I moved my leg, and a confused look appeared on my face. I sat up once again and took the blanket off of me. I started unwrapping the bandage from my calf and saw that it wasn't healed all the way. But it was way better then it looked last night.

"Wow."

Cato was sitting up with me at this point. We both looked at each other and with shocked looks on our faces. I feel Cato's hand start to rub my back.

"It sucks that Glimmer didn't get any," Cato said and looked over at her. Peeta and Marvel were sleeping next to her.

"It wasn't for her," I said bitterly. "She can get her own sponsors." Cato chuckled.

"You're so stubborn," He said and kicked off the blanket. The sun was barely even in the sky and it was starting to get warm.

"She tried to kill me," I said and looked at him. "Over you." He shrugged.

"I've never had two hot girls fight over me like that before," he sent a smirk my way. I rolled my eyes.

I started to wonder if that's all Cato saw me as. Just some hot girl from home. There has to be a reason why he can't reciprocate the feelings like he claimed the other night. Is he just not into me like that? Or is what he said the other day actually true.

Maybe I'll never find out.

There's no way I can keep lucking out like this. In the first three days, I've been almost killed twice, and stabbed in the leg which miraculously healed. Thanks to Finnick.