2 Years In Italy - Part 27

Start from the beginning

“You wanna open this door, or am i going stand here and yell through it?” demanded Carter from teh other side of teh door and my stomach did one of those drop and roll manoeuvres.

“Dammit” i muttered to myself, walking over to the door and yanking it open.

“How nice of you” he remarked easily and strolled inside as i re-jammed the door.

“So, are we gonna talk about this? Or do the manly thing and pretend nothings doing?” he asked, leaning back on the sinks, his arms crossed over his chest as he assessed my face.

“Nothing’s doing man, I’m fine” i muttered, grabbing my bag from teh floor and dumping it on the bench, rifling through it for my phone.

“Humour me” he pushed and i rolled my eyes.

“Let it go ok, I’m fine” i growled and instantly regretted it as a look of confirmation flashed across his face.

“Doesn’t look like that to me” he said slowly, making a show of examining his cuticles. “Been nearly a year since I’ve found you looking like this”.

Glancing up in teh mirror i grimaced. My eyes we wider than normal and my hair was a mess from where i must have been running my hands through it. No-where nears as bad as i had seen it, but it was a start.

“I’m good man, swear” i said reassuringly, knowing he wasn’t buying my act.

“You still got the meds?” he asked casually and i grimaced and nodded, before finding my voice.

“You know i do, but i don’t need them, seriously, im good” i said again, sounding like i was stuck on repeat and doing nothing to ease his suspicions.

“Mhmm” he said dubiously, his normal bad boy facade dropped for the moment, and for a second i caught a glimpse of teh Carter i knew before everything that had happened.

“C’mon man, let’s get to class before you rack up another detention” i said grabbing my bag and clapping him on teh shoulder.

He grinned at me, his trade mark smirk already back in place as he sauntered from teh room. Following after him i took another deep breath and clapped down on my emotions.

Carter POV

I walked from teh bathroom, ignoring teh strange looks i go from teh guys waiting outside as i headed for my next class, not bothering to watch where i was going, knowing people would get out of my way regardless.

It didn’t matter what Luke said, I’d had been nearly a year since i had seen him so rattled and i would do anything, literally anything, to stop him from going there again.

Un-bidden a rush of memories came to me, a slideshow of unwanted images.

With a grim sense of determination i wheeled away from my approaching class room and heading back in the opposite direction. I had a fairly good idea of what had set Luke off again and i wasn’t going to let it go on any further.

Silvers POV

I hurried through the emptying halls, my head still full of the look on Lukes face as he left. I get that he didn’t like Dez, i could understand that, he was just looking out for me, but i thought, well now i don’t know what i was thinking.

And what was Eliza talking about, if there was something i needed to know then why not just tell me, maybe it could help me sooth this whole situation over...

And then there was Carter, ugh, i didn’t even know what to think about him. On the one hand i couldn’t stand his egotistical, sexist, arrogant attitude. But on the other, as much as i wanted to deny it, there was an attraction to him that i just couldn’t shake.