2 years in Italy - Part 24

Ok, i nooo its teeeny, but a few of you were worried about carter black mailing her n i didnt want you to get the wrong impression of him, so this is a tinny fix it chapter lol..

and im super tired, like falling asleep and its 7.30, so i cant be bothered writing anymore, but i thought you might like a little soemthing before the next bigger post..

and any ideas are alllways welcome, i struggle with wriers block on this one lol

xxx summer

~~~~

Chapter 24

"i would kill someone for an ice water right now" Eliza declared, fanning herself with her hand.

I nodded, too tired to bother replying verbally. With a groan i flopped backwards onto the grass and stared up at the sky, wondering for the seventh time where the clouds had gone, and when they were coming back.

Slowly, Eliza leaned back with me but at the last minute switched direction and made a lunge for my bottle.

"Noo, uh uh, now way" i argued, clutching the bottle to my chest and glaring at her.

"Pleasse" she wined but i shook my head, closing my eyes and trying to ignore the unpleasant feeling of my skin blistering.

"Ok girls, up up up. If you didn't want to be out here dying then you should have shown up for practice on time, as it is, we got kicked out of the studio, so UP!" screamed our dance teacher and with a unanimous groan we struggle to our feet.

"Miss, this is ridiculous, even the guys can't handle this" called a girl from the back of the group, waving her arms around and pointing to the other side of the field where the majority of the senior guys class were collapsed spread eagle on the grass while their coach screamed himself hoarse, having absolutely no impact and only serving to enhance his complexion that was speeding towards fire engine red.

Finally the coach gave up, and with a cheer the guys leapt to their feet and started to straggle back across the field towards the change rooms and the only shade for metaphorical miles.

With a sigh of defeat Mrs Weir gave up and motioned for us to follow them which we did gladly, hurrying after them before she could change their mind. Reaching the tired bunch of soccer players we blended together, one large group of hot, sunburnt and pissed individuals. Glancing around me i searched for Carter, my eyes easily picking him out of the crowd, his dark hair and dark complexion resulting in him being the only one who didn't resembled some form of lobster.

An internal debate raged within my head,

-strike now

- No to tired

- Strike now

- It's a bad idea, just keep your head down and keep walking!

Mentally slapping myself for being so stupid and almost certainly delaying my rendezvous with a bottle of ice water and a change of clothes not soaked with sweat i ducked through the crowd until i was directly behind him.

Hesitating for only a moment i reached out and tapped him smartly on the shoulder. Sighing, and without stopping to look at me he fell back until we were walking at the same pace. "What do you want Silver? He asked and i felt my mouth drop a little.

"What, no sexist bigot remark? I asked rudely and he sighed again, scrubbing his face with his hands and turning to face me.

"Normally, yes. But right now i ache everywhere and all i want is to get out of the sun before i shrivel completely, so again, what do you want?"