Chapter seventeen: The Wizard King

You stared at your little spirit. "Wizard King? The Wizard King?!" Then you kneeled down as well. It was the Wizard King who was in front of you.

Yuno and Asta could believe it just as much as you did but they kneeled down as well. You three were all shocked.

The Wizard King smiled. "Come now, stand up and follow me."

All of you did exactly as he said and followed him up to some kind of tower. The room was pretty big. It had a table and one chair in it. "You can now tell me your experience in the dungeon."

Klaus, feeling the senior that he was, began explaining everything. From arriving to the Diamond Kingdom mage, to Yuno's spirit and to you collapsing after the mission.

"Yuno-kun, can you show me your Grimoire please?" The Julius asked.

Yuno nodded and took his Grimoire out. He then handed it to the Wizard King who began reading the part about his spirit. "Well done acquiring this. This magic was probably the most important relic in the dungeon."

"You can read that?" Yuno said in a quite shocked tone.

"Somewhat."

Asta beamed as well. "The most important relic! So cool!"

Julius himself was beaming as well. "Ehh??" The Wizard King walked up to Yuno. "Hey would you try using this magic? Please?!"

"I'm sorry. I think it activated in the dungeon once, but I haven't been able to use it since." Yuno said in his usual monotone voice.

"What? I see... Aw, that's too bad." Julius said in a very disappointed tone. "All I can say for now is that this spell will grow with you and, one day, become an extraordinary power. Take good care of it." He then handed Yuno's Grimoire back to Yuno.

Then the Wizard King turned towards you. "(Y/n)-chan, can I read your Grimoire too? I heard Klaus-san say something about a new, cool spell about your spirit!"

Ginga flew up from your shoulder. "Yes yes! Spirit Dive! It's a new really cool spell, Julius-sama!"

The Wizard King seemed to excuse Ginga's behavior and smiled. "Ginga-kun, I see you're as cheery as ever. Such a shame your previous master died."

You looked quite confused. "Did you... happen to know one of my relatives?"

"(Y/n)-chan, can I have a look in your Grimoire?" Julius continued, totally avoiding your question. Now you thought about it, William Vangeance, your captain, was also clearly hiding something.

If you recalled correct, he said something like this: "Answers might be closer than you think."

You ignored the little awkward silence and handed the Wizard King your Grimoire. "Here."

Julius gently took it out of your hands and began reading. "Hmm, this is interesting. Ooh!" Suddenly he beamed again. The Wizard King walked towards you with your Grimoire and showed you a spell. "Can you perform this? Please?!"

You nodded once and looked at Ginga. "You ready?" Ginga sprung up and cheered. "Let's gooo!"

Both you and Ginga looked at each other and then you activated the spell. "Spirit Assimilation: Spirit Dive!"

Ginga slowly disappeared and your appearance changed. The mana you released was insane. A lot of mana was around you and it was all yours.

When everything calmed down, you smiled at the Wizard King in front of you. "Is this what you wanted to see, sir?"

Julius clapped in his hands. "Yes! This is truly beautiful!" He stepped forward and touched your hair. "Ah! Yes! I love this! You can now undo it if you want."

You nodded once, the mana you were releasing calmed down, Ginga formed again and your appearance changed back to your usual one. Then your Grimoire closed and fell into your hand.

Of course Asta wanted to be praised too. "Wizard King! My Grimoire has some weird scribbles in it too!" He yelled, pushing you and Yuno aside. "Please look at it!"

Julius leaned forwards and took a look at Asta's Grimoire. "This is... I'm sorry! I can't read this! I've never seen this writing in any documents."

-

Asta then opened his Grimoire and pulled his second sword out. "This thing pops out of it! Take a look!"

The Wizard King looked at the sword and began beaming again. "Ah! Anti-magic! Can I touch it?"

Asta kneeled down,, stretched his arms with his sword on top. "Go right ahead!"

Of course, Julius couldn't resit and thus he took the sword with both his hands. "Thank... you?!! It's so heavy!"

"Are you alright Wizard King?!" Asked a panicked Asta.

The Wizard King soon regained his posture. "I'm amazed you can swing this around all day... I see. you can have this back now." And so Julius handed Asta his sword back. "This is beyond my abilities, it appears you can wield it because you have no magic."

Asta took his sword and looked confused at the Wizard King. "How did you know I don't have any magic, sir? And about my sword that can cut through magic?"

You were kind of dumbfounded by his question. "Asta, everyone with a little bit of magic can sense you don't have any. And the Wizard King knows everything."

Julius slowly nodded. "Mhm. Well, anyway, you all did splendidly. Good work."

Then Asta spoke up, again. "U-U-Um, d-d-do you have a moment?" He asked rather cautiously.

"What is it?" Julius asked curiously.

"H-how..."

You looked at Asta, then at Yuno and only then you realized what he was about to say. So all three of you said in unison:

"...do you become the Wizard King?"

As you slowly let it sink into your brain, you realized it must've been really awkward to actually say that. You said something you probably shouldn't have.. with those words in mind, you sank onto the floor and began hugging your knees.

In the meantime Julius had began laughing. "I see. So you three all want to become the Wizard King. Any Magic Knight should have that aspiration."

Klaus stepped forward as well. "You three! It's rude to ask the Wizard King that directly."

You looked up from the ground to Klaus with a dead-serious expression. "Klaus-senpai, why do you think I sank down?"

"Oh? (Y/n)... I didn't even notice. Come back up." To your surprise, Klaus actually helped you back up.

Then he continued. "The Wizard King must be proud and have the trust of people-"

"No." Klaus got cut off by the Wizard King himself. "It's merit. You can't protect others with pride, and the trust of others comes with merit. There is only one thing people want from the Wizard King... Merit that proves they are the best. Gain merit. Continuously gaining merit is everything. Anyone who can't do that can never stand at the top."

(I still have no idea what merit means and I'm too lazy to search it up, can someone please explain?)

"Bring it on!"

"Now then, we're actually holding a decoration ceremony for the Magic Knights who've been awarded an outstanding number of stars today. It's a ceremony where we award those who have done exceptionally well and honor them. I would love for you all to join us."

"Huh?"

Awarding Ceremony huh?

Word count: 1215
This is very rushed, sorry. From the '-' I'm in a writer's block so that part might not be good but I hope you all can keep enjoying it!