Chapter ten: First mission

You woke up late in the evening due to someone snoring pretty loud. It was a whole scene you and Ginga made.

He was boy and you were a girl. You wanted the bed for you alone since a boy and a girl can't sleep together. You were 15 after all.

Ginga insisted on sleeping in the bed. He didn't want to sleep on the ground and anywhere else. You were his master now so he wanted to be with you all day.

So eventually you agreed. The bed got split up in two sides, one for you and one for Ginga. You fell asleep pretty quick but awoke really quick as well.

Ginga's snoring was annoying. More than annoying. It was 6 in the evening, Ginga was still asleep so you decided to take your time in the bathroom while it was still possible.

You had changed and eaten a quick meal. It was 8 in the evening right now. Then you heard a knock on your bedroom door. "Who in the wor-"

Before you could get to the door, Klaus had opened it. He was mad. "(Y/n)! How dare you skip my lecture and still get praised by the captain?!" He yelled into your face.

"There was a lecture today?" You scratched your neck and felt something- or even better -someone was flying around.

"Hey, man with glasses. Who are you and why did you disturb my sleep?" Ginga landed next to Klaus and poked his cheek.

Klaus slapped Ginga's hand away and pushed his glasses up. "How dare you insult me. I have a name, it's Klaus Lunettes and I'm (Y/n) and Yuno's senior."

"Ah! A senior! How cool!" You could hear the sarcasm dripping off. "I don't care. Why did you disturb my sleep?!"

Klaus completely ignored the little spirit and continued his lecture. "So anyways. (Y/n). Don't ever skip my lectures again. I came to tell you that and to tell you, you got your first mission today. Don't be late. I'll be waiting in the front yard." He then turned around and walked out of your room.

Ginga followed Klaus and closed the door because Klaus thought it was necessary to keep it open. "Tch. That guy has no manners. Is he really your senior?"

"Unfortunately, yes he is. Anyways, can you tell me how I can get new spells? I forgot when you told me yesterday." You sat down on the chair in your room.

"You. Forgot?" Ginga sighed deeply and began to explain. "You can get more spells in all kinds of situations. You'll notice this eventually. Spells that have to do with spirit magic come out once you're in great danger. When you're in danger and you call for my help, a new spell will appear. The spell will help you in the situation you're in and it's a spell that matches the amount of mana you've left. Is that clear?"

"Yup! Clear! Thanks, Ginga." You stood up, put your Grimoire in its holder and walked towards the door. "I don't feel like getting lectured again so let's get going."

You reached the front yard with Ginga following you. "Take a broom and we're out." Klaus said. He made himself a chariot with his magic.

A girl with the Golden Dawn uniform on smiled at you. Yuno was also there. You took a broom and sat on it sideways. The girl did the same while Yuno stood on his broom. There was another boy. He looked like the one Yuno defeated in his entrance exam. The boy sat down in Klaus his chariot.

The sun was slowly sinking as you all were heading towards your destination. "Hey, Klaus-senpai. What is this mission? You didn't explain anything to me."

"That's because you were asleep and late. We need to act as bodyguards for mister Hapshass." He nodded to the boy behind him.

The girl spoke up. "My first mission... I'm so nervous. Klaus-san, Yuno-san, (Y/n)-san, it's a pleasure to work with you."