Chapter six: The Entrance Exam

You, Asta and Yuno had met up with each other after receiving your number. A lot of other people had gathered there as well.

Then birds started flooding the place. They clenched onto the most people.

You heard someone say: "The infamous anti-birds of the exam venue. The weaker your magical power, the more they flock to you."

You and Yuno were the center of attention once again. No birds had gotten even close to you or Yuno.

In the meantime, you did lose Asta, he was nowhere to be seen, until...

"One of us is going to become the Wizard King. Our legend's beginning now, Yuno, (Y/n)." There the guy was. Almost all the birds flocked to him.

"I'm gonna show just how much I've grown in six months! Ow, ow, ow,.."

You shook your head in embarrassment and hid your face in your hands. Asta was embarrassing, just being around right now.

Everyone was laughing at Asta again. Only if they knew his real power. You shrugged your thoughts off and watched Asta run away from the birds.

Then he ran into someone. Your eyes grew wider when you saw who it was. Quickly, you covered your mouth to not scream your lungs out.

You had seen this man in books. He was the captain of the Black Bulls. "Yami Sukehiro!"

Everyone was now looking at you. Accidentally, you screamed his name through the whole area. It was embarrassing, that's for sure.

Even the squad captain now looking at you. "Oh, there he is! What are you doing down here?" Two other guys had joined in, they wore a Magic Knights robe.

"I'm about to end this twerp's life." The captain of the Black Bulls stated as he had taken Asta by his head.

You hid behind Yuno but then the guy with brown hair had seen you. He walked up to you and took your hand.

"Hey, you look cute."

Yuno turned around. An angry vibe was coming off from him.

"That's Finral Roulecase!" Someone yelled.

The man named Finral quickly ran away when he saw Yuno staring at him. "That guy is scary!" He said and ran back to his other squad mate.

"Whoa! Cut it out! A Magic Knights Squad Captain shouldn't kill an exam candidate! Why did you come down here anyway?" Finral asked his Squad Captain.

"I went to take a dump and got lost."

You shook your head. You totally didn't want to end up in that Squad.

Suddenly, fireworks started going off and the Squad Captains showed up. All the birds flew away, like if they were scared of them.

The last one to arrive was William Vangeance, the captain of the Golden Down. Apparently only nobles and elites can join that squad.

"Candidates. Sorry to keep you waiting. I will be conducting this exam." The man named William Vangeance opened his Grimoire. "Magic tree, descend!"

Clouds gathered above the exam place and wind came down. A green light came down as well as a huge tree. The tips of the tree formed into brooms and were handed to each candidate.

'So this is the man who's closest to the Wizard King.'

William closed his Grimoire. "We will now begin the Magic Knights Entrance Exam. We will have you all take several tests. The nine lf us will evaluate your performance, and then we will select candidates that we would like to join our squad. If chosen, you will join that squad. If you're chosen by more than one squad, you may choose which squad you want to join. On the other hand, those who are not chosen by any captain are not qualified to join the Magic Knights. For the first exam, we will have you fly those brooms."