Chapter seven: Your New Magic Knights Squad

((Please answer this question: Would you like normal chapters, like between 1000-2000 words or longer chapters, 2000+ words. If you would, please answer!))

"The squad captains will raise their hands if they would like you in their squad." The captain of the Blue Rose Knights stated.

"The candidates will decide if they would like to accept or decline, and if they are chosen by more than one captain, they may choose which squad they'd like to join."

"But if no one raises their hands, that candidate will not join the Magic Knights."

"And you will leave immediately."

"Candidate #1, step forward."
~
"Number 32, no offers."

"Number 40, no offers."

"Number 45, no offers."

"Number 67, no offers."

"Number 71, the Purple Orcas."

"Number 78, The Crimson Lions."

"Number 99, the Coral Peacocks."

"Number 116, no offers."

"Number 141, no offers."

"Next. Number 163."

You heard you number got called and you stepped forward. Your heart was beating like crazy and you were more nervous than before.
(I can't believe it but I'm nervous while writing this)

You looked up to see all the captains raise their hands. You let out a gasp but then covered your mouth.

"Number 163, please pick a squad."

Which squad should you join? You never thought this would happen. You looked behind you to see Yuno and Asta smiling. Then you remembered you were all racing to become the Wizard King.

The fastest way to become the Wizard King would be.. "E-eh.. Can I please join the Golden Dawn?"

William Vangeance smiled and nodded.

"Number 163, the Golden Dawn."

A whole number of people were amazed. You smiled happily at Yuno and Asta, you then walked to the sidelines and watched. Honestly, you were so relieved you got offers.

(Why I chose the Golden Dawn will be clear as the story proceeds.)

"Number 164."

That was Yuno. Your hands formed fists as you kept staring at the captains. "Come on." You mumbled.

Then all the captains raised their hands for him as well. "Please allow me to join the Golden Dawn." William smiled again and Yuno walked into your direction.

You ran up to him and pulled him into a hug. "Yuno! We're in the same squad! I'm so happy." Yuno patted your back and smiled.
(If I need to turn this into a Yuno x Reader.. eeh let me know)
(Edit: Yuno x reader is no longer possible)
(Edit 2: Y'all keep asking why so please, read Chapter 21 to find out why.)

"Number 165." That was Asta's number. Come on. Someone. You didn't notice you were holding Yuno's hand out of stress.

"Number 165, no offers." You couldn't believe your ears. Asta got... no offers?

Just then, you released Yuno's hand and the only thing you could do was stare at the ground.

You heard nothing, felt nothing when suddenly you tensed up. You felt your own mana go insane so you looked up to see what it was, only to see that the captain of the Black Bulls released his magic.

He jumped down and stood right in front of Asta. The pressure was insane. You felt the ground vibrate with every step the captain took.

"And since you have no magical powers, no one wants you. That's the cruel reality. You said earlier that you want to become the Wizard King, didn't you? Which means, you're going to surpass the nine captains here, right? Now that I'm standing here before you, do you dtill have the nerve to say that you're going to become the Wizard King?"

'Asta doesn't just give up like that. Of course he's still going to say that. Right? Asta?' The words that formed in your head kept swarming around there. They weren't able to leave your mouth.

"E-even if I can't join the Magic Knights today... No matter how many times I fall, no matter what anyone says to me, I'm still going to become the Wizard King someday!"

"That's our Asta." You mumbled quite relieved. The tension for Yami's magic faded away and the ground stopped vibrating.

"You're funny kid! Join my squad!"

"Huh?" You were processing what he just said. Did Yami Sukehiro just offer Asta a place in his squad? Did he really? What?

Yuno smiled and pushed you a little so you would come back to your senses. Then you finally understood what he meant. Asta got in the Magic Knights! A smile formed on your face.

"I'm telling you that I'll let you join the Black Bulls. By the way, declining isn't an option."

"What?" Even Asta couldn't believe it.

"I'll make life so miserable for you in the Black Bulls that you'll be torn to shreds, so be ready for that.."

Yami's statement made you feel bad for Asta in a way but you were also extremely happy. You all got into the Magic Knights. That was one step closer to becoming the Wizard King.
~
"This concludes the Magic Knights entrance exam."

Everyone who wasn't chosen went back to their homes. It was dark, the moon was up and the stars were visible. You and Yuno walked up to the Asta.

"Yuno! (Y/n)! You two are Goldens, I'm a Bull! This is were our true battle begins!" Asta stated.

You felt tears stream down your cheeks. "Astaaa!" You clenched onto him.

"Hm? (Y/n)?" Asta hugged you back and smiled. "I told you I would get in!"

"I'm just so happy for you!" You pulled away and wiped your tears of your cheeks.

Before anyone could say anything, Asta was running towards the bathrooms. "N-nature's calling pretty loud!"

You looked at Yuno and Yuno at you. Then you both started laughing. "That's the Asta we know."

Yuno and you followed Asta all the way to the bathrooms, to find bah-ha man standing there with his Grimoire.

Yuno performed the spell he used on you, it was that huge hawk made out of wind. You used your binding magic to restrain him, the boy's Grimoire closed and fell on the ground.

"What do you think you're doing?" Yuno said in his usual tone. You and him came walking into the bathrooms with your Grimoires opened.

Yuno's hawk caught the lizard and broke it. "F-four leafs.. B-bah-ha! I was just going to give him a little scare. You know, as a parting gift." The bah-ha boy said nervously.

(Somewhere I made a mistake, I spelled 'catched' instead of 'caught' I feel really stupid now but I can't find where I made that mistake.. someone please help)

Yuno's hawk got closer and the boy wanted to step away, only to realize he was restrained by binding magic. "T-to see who'll make it further in this world."

You walked past Yuno's hawk and past the boy. Your back was facing the back of the boy. "Then get lost. You're no match for either of us. I'll give you ten seconds to run away, if you can't run away. Die."

You snapped with your fingers and the orange swirls faded away. "10. 9. 8. 7."

The boy was already gone before you would even come to number five. Yuno let down his magic and Asta came out of the bathroom.

"That feels so much better." Asta said while patting his tummy.

Then the three of you parted ways, you went with Yuno and Asta disappeared with the Black Bulls.

This is where your journey begins.

Word count: 1192
A little bit shorter!