Homecoming

"You found anything?" Lea walked into the Wreck, dropping the grocery bags on the table

"Bread and some fruit," JJ proudly showed off his box of food.

"Here, put this in there." Kie handed him her bags of food.

"Did anyone see you?" JJ began arranging the box as the girls pulled out more food to put in.

"Emily." Lea shrugged. "Always one to cause a scene."

"You alright?" JJ looked up, worried.

"As fine as a dandelion," Lea sang, giving JJ finger guns.

JJ just raised an eyebrow, unconvinced.

"We should probably hurry this up," Kie agreed, glancing out at the road anxiously.

"So I take it you know what happened with Kie and Pope." JJ looked at Lea expectantly. "No secrets between Pogues."

Lea glanced at Kie, who just nodded, almost exasperated with the whole thing.

"You owe me a fiver." Lea grinned.

"He did not! My man!" JJ looked proud.

"But it's not a good thing, because he's not handling rejection well." Lea glared at JJ, trying to get him to calm down as Kie grew more and more frustrated.

"No-one does. He'll get over it."

"That whole bike scene? He's really mad at me." Kie finally chipped in.

"You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ messily stuffed the last cans of food into the box.

"It wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation." Kie walked over with another loaf of bread. "Is that gonna be enough food for them?"

"For a couple of weeks, yeh and that's all they need so..." JJ slung his backpack on as Lea got ready to leave.

"Look, I think I actually hurt his feelings." Kie looked upset.

"Don't beat yourself up too much. He's completely changed his feels." JJ follow the girls out, carrying the box of food. "The past 24 hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde."

"I hate to admit, but I miss the old Pope." Kie threw the car keys to Lea. "At least I knew what to expect from him."

Lea walked around the back as JJ put the food in the boot. Glancing up, she quickly halted.

Kie's mom was walking quickly towards the car. "Where've you been?"

"I'm fine-" Kie stuttered as the other two stood still, unsure of what to do. "We slept here..."

"Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, looking for you. Were you even gonna tell us?"

"I'm telling you now!" Kie tried as JJ shut the boat, him and Lea stood uncomfortably behind Kie.