Bubbles & Break-ins

Lea was sat in the hammock with JJ, smoking a joint

"So we have an apartment in NYC, a Hawaiian villa, and a second home in Figure Eight but where's our first home going to be?"

"Hmm." Lea took a puff, "we could go basic, LA. We could go crazy, Florida." JJ winced.

"What about somewhere international?" JJ mindlessly started braiding a small part of Lea's hair.

"We can go to England!"

"That would make us top tier Kooks," JJ admitted.

"But I don't know if I could do it. I think I'd miss Pogue life."

"You would?" JJ seemed unconvinced.

"Yeh. Life without stuck up people telling us what to do and what not to do. Life where no one cares what you do."

JJ sat up quickly, nearly pushing Lea off the hammock as the wheels down the drive sounded.

"Who's that?" Lea looked up to see JJ watching a car pull up to Lea's drive.

The three other Pogues sat on the porch stood up as well to see who it was.

"Are you expecting anyone?" Asked John B.

Lea shook her head, taking an inhalation of breath as the car door opened.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Lea asked dumbfounded as her friends all visibly relaxed.

Her step-sister looked uncomfortable, standing rigid on the dirtpath.

"We're going shopping." Stephanie announced.

"We are?" JJ sounded puzzled.

"You need a dress for Midsummer's." Stephanie ignored JJ's comment and just glared at Lea.

"Tell Dad I'll go shopping with Kie." Lea shrugged.

"You think I want to be here? If you don't stop arguing, Dad's going to call DCS and announce your mum as an unfit mother." Stephanie looked around with clear disgust, "and when that happens you'll have to move in. Which neither of us wants. Get in the car so we get this over with. Besides," she looked Lea up and down, "you need all the help you can get."

Finishing her joint, Lea stood up muttering, "says the girl that believes wearing designer labels immediately makes you stylish,"  and waving goodbye to her friends.

"We'll pick you up from your dad's dock ok?" John B called.

Lea gave them a salute before climbing in the car.

☀️

Lea had gone to brunch. Brunch. She was now sunbathing by the deck, waiting for the HMS Pogue to come rescue her. Her tank top lay beside her, her Dad and Emily watching on from further up their garden.