Sunshine

The Pogues sat there for what felt like hours

Lea sat slumped against JJ, her entire body feeling like lead. The wind had massively picked up, echoing throughout the tent as the police officers hurried about.

"Is John B going to be alright in the storm?" Lea whispered to JJ, leaning against for him warmth.

Thunder shook the tent slightly, JJ looking out uncertainly, "honestly? I have no idea."

"But the," Lea tried to think, her words mushing up as her brain felt close to exploding. "The power outage, that's good right? He can get away."

"Yeah." JJ nodded, holding Lea's hand. "That's good."

"Okay" Lea took a shaky breath, "okay."

The four Pogues didn't really speak, all too tired to function. In fact, from pure exhaustion, Lea was nearly falling asleep when the power turned back on.
The whirring of the lighthouse's lamp caused her eyes to flutter open. JJ turned slightly to glance at her, before both of their attentions were caught by the sudden surge of police.

"That's them! There they are!" Someone yelled.

Lea stood up, only for the agent watching them to quickly guide her down again.

Sat still in the middle of the water, less than 500 metres away, was the Phantom.

Sirens filled the air, triggering Lea's fight or flight response.

Yet another thing she'd need therapy for.

"Dispatch the boats!" Someone ordered.

Multiple people were shouting, police officers trying to identify whether or not it was the Phantom.

The three other Pogues all looked at Lea expectantly. But Lea's eyes were on the agent, who stood watching. And waiting. Waiting for her to confirm that that was John B's boat.

So Lea stayed silent. Police officers ran around them, a huge clump of them in the tent across, all staring at a computer screen. The SBI agent who arrived at the dock earlier stood with a radio in his hand, frantically giving orders.

As hard as Lea tried, the wind and sirens were too loud for her to hear anything they were saying.

Confusion and panic filled her. What if they'd caught him? But their faces didn't resemble any kind of joy or success. But if they didn't catch him, then he was going straight into a storm.

Lea's confusion grew when Ward Cameron appeared, taking a seat in front of the computer.
She grabbed JJ's arm, causing him to look up too.
Ward was talking into the radio.

If looks could kill, Ward Cameron would have died multiple times. Lea glowered at him from across the grass as he talked into the radio.

"What's going on?" She turned to the agent beside them.