Four

Muggle children had some sort of strange fascination with the idea of turning sixteen. Naomi was unsure as to why for it was not like they had legal availability to anything more than they had at the point they turned 15. It was no rite into adulthood. But alas they seemed fixated on their sixteenths. But Naomi for once wished she could feel that excitement in turning sixteen. For as she awoke on December 28th 1996 the day of her sixteenth she wished she could turn back time and never have to approach this day. She felt nothing but dread and fear. 

Nothing you should feel on your birthday that was for certain. Even when she awoke to her older brother lounging casually across her feet reading a book as he waited for her to wake. Apparently he wasn't there to purposefully throw her off kilter by only pretending to read as he hadn't even noticed she was awake and was only instead focused on whatever book he held in his hands. In fact he only noticed she was awake when she had kicked him off the bed and Theodore had fallen in a rather ungraceful looking pile at the edge of her bed. 

"Morning little sister, happy 16th." Theodore, despite being on the floor gave her a smile as he spoke. Naomi could only give one in response to his and move to sit herself up. The two siblings spoke for a while about nonsense before Theodore excused himself so they could both get ready for the day ahead.

Eventually, Naomi got the energy to exit from the warmth that was her bed and move to the wardrobe so she could find something to wear. The wardrobe, had been expanded using many charms, in order to fit everything she owned. Naomi wouldn't admit to having a problem with holding onto items, she never would but she would admit to having to constantly expand her closet space as she ran out of room for new items. Despite having things she was sure she hadn't worn in about two or three years. She had to walk her way through the maze of clothing, she would attempt to explain to others about the organisation pattern but nobody would stay for her 45 minute talk, in order to find what she wanted. 

Pulling out the black formal dress, the exact one Naomi had lost count of how many times she had worn it, yet still loved to pieces she headed out of the wardrobe and back towards her bed. This formal dress meant a lot to her, and sure Naomi had only had it for around 6 months but it was the last dress her father had ever told her she looked good in before his incarceration. And therefore, for some reason she couldn't help but want to wear it to every event she attended and had felt this way since the moment he went to prison. Therefore, considering this was her 16th birthday she wanted something that reminded her of her parents with her, especially considering what the night detailed. 

Yet when she returned from her extended adventure through the wardrobe, Naomi was met with Narcissa sitting on the double bed a very familiar dress bag by her side. LaRoùse was a very familiar dressmaking brand to Naomi, it had been where her mother had always got her dresses from and the clothing still ignited that warm feel of comfort for the young heiress all these years later. It had been where she had gotten the dress she wore every year for the massive sacred 28 parties and the bags of her mother's most favourite dresses still hung in the young girls wardrobe. The bag was a silky green in colour and Naomi could only wonder what contained within. 

"Happy birthday my dear, now considering this is the first one you're celebrating with us I thought we would go all out for this grand occasion." Narcissa's words were nice and at first Naomi found comfort in them. It was nice to have such a proactive motherly figure within the older witch who was trying her hardest to make the wards feel cared for and if they were apart of the Malfoy family. Sure there was something nagging at the back of her head that reminded Naomi that many of the guests coming over to the manor were high ranking Death Eaters who were intending to stay until much later that night in order for the branding. However, those thoughts and voices were being easily ignored as Naomi waited anxiously in order to see what the LaRoùse bag contained.