Eight

Naomi's walk to the great hall was rather quiet. Rather undisturbed. It would seem that there was plenty more going on that nobody had noticed her and the floating injured student working their way through the courtyard. In fact Naomi made it through the entrance to the school and to the doors of the great hall until she was interrupted. 

For when Naomi finally reached the doors of the great hall, she had expected to meet some sort of resistance, why shouldn't she. She didn't expect it to come in the form of Harry Potter himself. He was the first one to spot Naomi at the door, floating injured student hovering in front of her, looking back at this day Naomi would always probably think that she went with her worst option. Heck she could have aparated inside the walls at the moment but she didn't even think of it that way. 

Harry Potter, didn't really seem to change. He always had that rough exterior that seemed to get even more hostile after he had not just noticed her but the now visible mark on her left forearm. In fact he seemed more focused on that then the first year hovering in the air. 

"What on earth have you done Nott?" His voice was about as rough as Naomi had expected. She knew he would jump to the conclusion that Naomi had been the one to hurt the student. And in some aspects she could have done more to prevent it. She could have paid a little more attention, encouraged her to run to safety before she took on Mulciber. Yet here she was injured student and a very guilty conscious. 

"Please Potter, think what you like. But she needs help. I don't know what she was hit with." Naomi for once let herself sound weak, letting go of the pureblood uptight attitude she normally spoke to the boy with. 

"Yeah no thanks to you. I can take it from here. Get lost." Naomi didn't want to leave though, not when she saw a large gathering of gingers at the bottom of the room and she wasn't sure who was hurt.

"Could I come in, I just want to make sure that she's fine." Naomi didn't hint to Harry just who she was checking on. 

"Not really. I don't trust the likes of you." At this point Harry had taken the first year into his arms and had started in the direction of an unknown healer. Though Naomi didn't move from her position at the doors of the great hall, she couldn't move. Not until she knew what had happened, who was hurt. 

It looked like she wouldn't know the answer as Harry Potter made his way back over to Naomi. Most likely to tell her to jog on once again. Yet when he stopped in front of her with a look of defeat on his face, she no longer knew what to expect. 

"The healer says you need to come in so they can get a story of what happened." His voice easily showed how little he cared for the girl stood opposite and how much he'd rather be somewhere else. 

"Yeah, of course whatever I can do to help." Naomi only hoped her words were convincing considering she couldn't take her eyes of the family of gingers down at the bottom. Though she listened and followed Harry over to the two healers that were currently working on the young girl she had brought in.  It didn't take Naomi long to recount what had happened to the two healers.

"You've got some rather nasty cuts on your arm, can I look at them?" One of the healers asked Naomi as they indicated to her left arm. The one where she assumed some sort of cutting curse had not only destroyed her cardigan sleeve at that point but had also caught her arm.

"Yeah, are they bad?" Naomi didn't really want to look down at the forearm that not only held the mark but apparently some cuts from either the explosion or the duel she wasn't sure.

"You'll probably get some scars when the spells finished." 

"Will it cover it?" Naomi didn't have to get onto what she was talking about. Yes it turned out the worst of her injuries was directed in the centre of the dark mark on her arm, probably the pain she was constantly in due to the leader being close having dulled the effect of the actual pain she was in.