Eight

Within the instance of finishing the letter for a third time. Considering Naomi could not believe the words she was reading, she took haste in clearing away her belongings and fleeing the area. She shoved any item that personally belonged to her into her book bag in a way which would irritate her when she next went to take something out. She haphazardly left the books she had been barely paying attention to in a pile on the desk which with the wrong breeze would collapse and spill from the table and onto the floor. She rushed her way down to the Slytherin common room in the dungeons muttering out the password without much of a second thought. Allowing the dark wooden door to swing open she passed the head boy without even a greeting or a second look only taking notice of the shining badge attached to his robes. 

Naomi took the stairs to the female rooms two at a time as she hurried in the direction of the room she shared with Astoria and one other girl. Upon entering she was only greeted by Astoria who was lounged out on her bed, the other one which seemed to permanently remain empty was not filled as per usual. Her closest and dearest friend only took one look at the other girl before opening her arms and allowing the significantly taller girl to barrel her way into them. 

"Ni, what on earth has happened?" Astoria's medallic voice that matched her enchanting blonde hair and shining blue eyes rung out as she gently pushed at the state her best friend was now in. The Greengrass' were Death Eater sympathisers never exactly part of the ranks or the cause but never ones to step aside when one was in trouble and could do with help hiding away from the ministry. They provided support through financial support on top of their ease in hiding the death eaters in one of their many private homes out in the country. They had after all, considering just how close the two girls were, argued with the Malfoy's to house the Nott Heiress over the previous summer, but had been unsuccessful on the words of Voldemort himself wanting both promised children under the same roof as himself. 

"It's Ginevra, she has been questioning the regard to our relationship having to remain private for so long. And now she refuses to see me again until I give her a strong reason, even going as far to say she will call off the relationship if not." Naomi finally shared with her best friend. 

"Ginevra, as in Ginny Weasley? That's the girl you've been seeing in secret for the last month or two?" Astoria had never been dumb she knew that her best friend was finally seeing someone, she could tell in the way Naomi was acting that she was now with someone. The way she seemed to have found something good. 

"Well Ni, you're going to have to make a choice. You either have to tell her what's really going on, let her find out for herself or you could be an absolute arse and not tell her and just end it during the Christmas break. Though I really wouldn't suggest that last option." Astoria's wise words were normally always something Naomi needed to hear. They were usually what she didn't want to hear, but what she needed. Astoria was never one to hold back at letting you know what was really going on and what effects your behaviour would have if you chose to follow through with the action you were planning to do. Like the sensible voice in your head Astoria was always more like on of those Mum friends than anything else, giving the best advice and making a drink so strong you would regret every decision the next morning. Naomi was aware she had to make a decision regarding the relationship during the Christmas break anyways, for she was almost 100% certain she would never be able to maintain it after the events which were due to occur on her 16th birthday. 

The option Astoria presented to her which was the one she least liked but was probably the easiest was to break up with the other girl over the Christmas holiday. Sometime between Christmas and New Year perhaps. She knew it was one which was the most brutal and the signs of someone who never truly cared about their partner. But she thought it would perhaps lead to the two girls experiencing the easier break up of the other options. Sure she could just not tell the other girl what was truly going on and allow Ginny to end it on her own terms and therefore be better with how the pair parted.