Two

It would turn out that the mission of successfully getting the Death Eaters into the Hogwarts Grounds was much more complex than either teenager had expected. Sure neither Naomi or Draco exactly thought it would be an easy job, the school was thought to be impenetrable for a reason. Nobody who was not of staff or students had been able to enter without permission since the wards went up. Therefore, finding a way around those wards was the biggest struggle. They could not use the floo network nor could apparition be a likely candidate. Either or were banned in the castle grounds. And the only place the floo network worked was within the head masters office, and that would mean that their plan had to work within seconds. The floo network was also not within the style of the Death Eaters and could be easily traced. 

The only other option they had was a special cabinet. One of the weird and wacky dark objects created by dark wizards over the years, it was supposed to work by connecting two places and allowing people to walk through one door and into another place. Theoretically allowing people to enter Hogwarts from the outside without breaking the wards. Yet working out purely how to get the cabinet working was proving even more difficult that either teen thought possible at first. No matter hat course of jinx's, charms or hexes they used it still seemed to refuse to work. The hours that Draco and Naomi had poured into this project thus far seemed to lead them absolutely nowhere. 

The pair chose to work on the cabinet at any chance they could. Any small amount of time they had free was spent working on the cabinet. The pair were both equally, terrified as to what the outcome would be if they could not get this cabinet working and could not complete this first part of the task. Hours were spent either in the room of requirement with the cabinet or in the library researching anything they could find. Naomi's neck ached from the time spent bowed over books full of the most ancient magic and unused spells they could find. 

That was where Naomi found herself this evening sat next to Draco on one of the back desks both individually looking through the heavy thick textbooks they had found hidden at the back of the charms section. Neither spoke for most of the time they spent together unless they had found a good point, each writing on separate pieces of parchment of which they would compare to one another at the very end of the session. This was the point they had gotten up to in their session once again. Comparing their notes as the night continued to draw on, reaching the students curfew of 11pm very closely. 

"I'm not sure if this one will work, it seems so specific it surely will be overly complicated for what we want." Naomi sighed out at his latest suggestion. She so desperately just wanted to find the one thing that would work. Yet as they worked their way through the more broad spells it would only seem that they had to venture into the weird and incredibly specific ones. 

"I think we've gone through everything broad we could now, something specific might just have been what we were missing." Draco did not exactly move to argue his point yet his tone was not of someone who could be pushed into agreeing easily. The two spoke in hushed tones regarding the charm he had found in one of the many books from the restricted section, thanks to professor Snape for allowing them access. 

Today, they argument was soon sorted. Finished with a chuckle and a light hearted touch only available between long time friends. It was also partially due to the sibling like bond the two had developed over the summer which meant that to Naomi, at least just her, all arguments between her and Draco were just like those between her and Theodore, easily overcome as that was just what siblings did. Their light hearted jokes and touching, that was purely platonic on both sides, were just parts of the bond they had which was one of the few things getting the pair through the situation they were currently facing. Naomi knew that Draco and her were in it to the end. If they were to fail they would perish together, side by side. The only comfort she had in this fact was that at least she wouldn't disappoint her father by dying for the cause he believed in.

This task was so secretive, therefore having a bond so close with the other person who were constantly spending time around. Both Naomi and her older brother had been sworn to secrecy regarding their actions within the school wall. This had included everyone along with the others in their 'acceptable' social circle. They had been told to allow the rest of the student body to assume whatever they wanted as long as nobody discovered what they were actually doing. The pair had taken oath after oath to ensure that it was kept secret. The number of charms placed upon Naomi ensured that as soon as she even tried to get a word out regarding what she was doing that it would cause her physical pain. It would not matter anyways considering there was no chance she could realistically tell the one person she wanted to. For word could so easily travel back to the other side and their plans easily halted. If this was the case it would result in Naomi being responsible for the death of someone she considered a brother. 

The entire plan caused such a moral dilemma for Naomi. She could stop what she was doing, prevent the death of the light side's leader but lose her brother in everything but blood. Or allow the death of the light leader and know she is then the reason that the war continues to rage on and many more innocent people will lose their lives. Naomi had considered all possible options yet she could not find a way in which she could keep everyone alive, even if it meant sacrificing herself in the progress. A cold hand moved its way onto her upper arm where its placement shook her out of her thoughts.

"Don't worry Ni, we've got this. Together we will succeed." Draco's words seemed to be spoken as if to install confidence in both of them. Moving her hand so it was placed on top of his own she moved to speak. 

"We have, we ill complete this and we will make our father's proud." Naomi's own words were also spoken in order to benefit both teens. Perhaps if the pair continued to speak these words aloud that they will become true. There was nothing that Naomi wouldn't do to make her family proud. Nothing.

It would appear the quiet corner the two Slytherin's picked thinking they were going to remain uninterrupted and alone was not as recluse at they first thought. For sat just a few meters away, not very happy with what she was seeing was none other than Ginny Weasley. This however, was not the first time she had been in this exact position over the last few days. Rather she had continued to witness it occurring more and more frequently over the few weeks since the two girlfriends had their last heart to heart. . It hadn't helped that whenever the two met in private, the number of times which had decreased, the slightly older girl had been more withdrawn, less talkative and overall it had been frustrating Ginny to no end. It was a stark contrast to how the girl was acting now, with Draco Malfoy nevertheless. The one being who Ginny thought might have been the worst Slytherin in the current student body. And seeing how the two were acting only caused the addition of more water to the depleting fire that was the relationship between the two girls.