Four

Naomi Nott wasn't one to query the way things had been. Not one to go against tradition and what she was taught to be right or wrong. Therefore, she never questioned her own actions. Rather choosing to focus upon the parting words of her mother when she was nothing but a child. 

'You are a Nott, Nott's get whatever they want as long as you work and put the effort in. Set your goals and you will always achieve them.'

Naomi had set herself a new goal. 

At fifteen it was a rather idiotic goal to have set, she was barely even a woman she couldn't really call herself much more than a teenager. Yet here she was setting a goal to enjoy her final days as a free woman. 

This goal was something she had set after witnessing the branding of her older brother over the summer. Theodore had been unable to avoid the branding of the Death Eaters, having to join the ranks as a result of the actions performed by their father. Cantankerus Nott was an insane man. Had been since the passing of their mother. And he had been put back where he belonged, in Azkaban. He was a prejudiced coward, who painted their family in both evil and stupidity. For only her father would find joy and humour in joining the evil uprising back in the First Wizarding War purely because he believed that he would be able to wipe out the 'impure' wizards. Which was a horrible thing to ever wish to complete. Yet in his complete madness and commitment to the cause he believed the Death Eaters were fighting for being sent to prison was not going to deter him from giving as much as possible to the cause. And despite there being a limit to what he could do whilst incarcerated he had managed to give the Death Eaters what they so desperately needed during this time. Supporters. 

Supporters had come in the form of her father promising both of his children to the cause. He had created and sworn to a blood magic union of the children to the cause. Much like a union of romantic interest but more fucked up. Through the use of blood magic he had made it so both children upon the age of 16 would have no choice but to join the cause as Death Eaters. And Theodore having turned 16 way before their father had been sent to prison had no choice but to join the forces just as the summer began and their father was imprisoned. 

This also wasn't the only thing their father had done to ensure that both children were going to be supporters to the cause. For the people he had entrusted his two children to be wards to were none other than the Malfoy family. The Malfoy's much like the Nott's were loyal followers of Voldemort, had been ever since the days of the original founding. When they were called Knights and not Death Eaters. Therefore, they were constantly surrounded by the dark's cause. The supporters and towards the end of the summer none other than the Dark Lord himself. For Tom Riddle much more commonly known as Lord Voldemort had moved into Malfoy Manor just days after the Nott siblings to hide out in comfort knowing that no ministry official was going to search the house of Lucius Malfoy. 

She could recall the heartbroken eyes of her brother the day they realised neither of them could escape. She held him that night as he cried out in pain following the branding. She clung onto him for the following days as they realised just what this meant for their future. What it would always mean for them. 

Her new goal at first did not have anything to do with Ginevra Weasley. The beautiful redhead had not even passed through her thoughts as she came up with this decision. That was until the train ride. Those feelings Naomi thought had vanished for the redhead over her traumatising summer had hit the girl full force the moment she exited that bathroom stall and caught a glimpse of the girl in the mirror. 

Ginevra Weasley was everything that Naomi wasn't. She was what was considered 'light' her family one of the better examples of those who were of pureblood status. They never held any judgement for those they came across. And just to rub it in the faces of everyone else around them who were doing a piss poor job of being accepting, they were the ones housing the saviour of the wizarding world. She would always remember the way that Ginny spoke to her, right back in third year. How the younger girl held no strong feelings prior to meeting her and she wasn't met by the normal Gryffindor response when she was seen. The groan and the insults, they never came. No matter how difficult Naomi was being at that time. 

Naomi could always recall the time when she realised those feelings she held for the other girl. Now feelings for another girl were not uncommon for Naomi, it had been that way since she was 12 and realised what it meant to like somebody in more than a friendly manner. But Ginny had taken her by a storm. It was the fateful night of halloween back in their fourth year, which despite being just under a year ago felt like years ago, when the girl had dressed up like a princess and looked exactly like the part. She was stunning and the way her face lit up as she laughed along to her elder brother's jokes was breathtaking. Naomi had been infatuated for months afterwards. 

Until that time when they were caught by Ginny's older brother Ronald. And from then on she attempted to squash the ever growing feelings she held for the other girl. She didn't want to bring down Ginny's reputation and if that was what their relationship would cause. She wanted to save the other girl from it. And the Summer which had just passed only egged her on to continue to push away those feelings. After all in a few months Naomi would turn out to be exactly everything that Ginny was against. 

Naomi was everything wrong for Ginevra Weasley.

But Merlin's Beard did she want absolutely everything to do with her. 

Naomi despite trying to put away those feelings couldn't help but to send the younger girl a birthday present over the summer. Anonymously obviously. And held onto dearly the letter which Ginny had sent when her attempts to be unknown failed. 

It was the idea that Naomi was going to live out her days as a free woman which linked her to Ginny Weasley. If she was going to spent until December doing everything she could no longer do once a death eater. She was going to chase the girl she held intense feelings for. Well as intense as a 15 year old could really feel. If she was going to be presented with a shit-show of a life she was going to at least snog Ginny Weasley once.