Six

Following the night where the two girls kissed for the first time, their relationship continued to flourish. Well as much as it could considering they kept it as private as possible. 

Ginny found herself giddy just at the thought of the dark haired Slytherin. She would head to any classes they shared way earlier than necessary just for the chance that they could get just a few seconds of extra time together. She had started to take the longer routes to anywhere she needed to go, that wasn't class, in the hopes that she would just cross paths with the other girl. Especially at night when she knew Naomi was partial to taking a late night stroll, with the hopes of bumping into each other so they could get even just 10 minutes of time together away from the eyes of the rest of the world. She would sit waiting some nights under that very tree hoping that Naomi would arrive once again to stare at the stars. 

The pair had learnt their lesson from the previous years encounter with Ginny's brother. Therefore, they reduced their intimacy to a minimal when they were in a populated area. Especially if those surrounding them just so happened to be either of their elder siblings. It had started off as almost a little game for them to see just how well they could keep their secret. It had been thrilling, exhilarating for that first fortnight to Ginny to have this secret that nobody else knew about. This secret almost forbidden relationship that she couldn't tell anybody about.

That was until it was no longer fun. 

After that first fortnight they had spent keeping it hush and her not telling anyone, the novelty of a secret relationship wore off. Ginny wasn't irrational she knew at some point that keeping her relationship a secret would no longer be a possibility. The truth was she didn't like having to lie to her best friends. Not when the two girls could clearly see that Ginny was happier, that something was going on that was taking a weight off her chest. Yet she could not tell them exactly what it was. But Ginny continued to keep that secret regarding their relationship as she was aware that it meant something to Naomi. 

For some reason, more than Ginny's own of the disappointment of her brother if he were to find out, Naomi was even tighter about others not knowing about the two girls dating. Yet whenever Ginny attempted to find out just why it was, so she could offer a solution and hopefully ease the girls worries, she was shut down. Shut down and out entirely. She couldn't understand why Naomi chose not to tell her. And this frustrated her to no end. 

Ginny had come to the conclusion she could deal with her older brother finding out about the two girls. She wouldn't care what he said and she was sure she could interrupt him informing their parents of the relationship before she was able to sit down and explain it properly to both of them. And as she continued to be left in the dark by her girlfriend she grew from being worried about what the other girl was so scared about to frustrated. To purely angry. She felt as though by November after two months of dating and hiding their relationship that Naomi still did not trust her. Not enough to tell her something that would mean so much to their relationship. And this effected her emotionally more than she thought it would. 

She hadn't realised just how much she was affected by this until she was questioned about what had happened to her all of a sudden. When Luna had questioned her what had changed suddenly that had taken the spark away from Ginny's eyes once again. Ginny knew she needed to do something about it. 

It was a completely new territory for the red haired witch. She had never had to hide her other relationships ever. Therefore, she was struggling with this concept from the very beginning. But she understood why at first Naomi would be hesitant. But now. Now she felt as though the other girl was hiding something monumental from her. Perhaps she was trying to hint that this relationship didn't mean as much to her as it meant to Ginny. Sure she had considered the possibility that the reason Naomi was so hesitant to share the news of their relationship was the small amount of taboo that was held when two of the same gender dated. The wizarding world just like the muggle community were still struggling to come to terms with people dating those of the same gender. 

Yet she could recall one conversation they had during the third week of officially dating. Naomi had shared the story when she had told her closest friend, Astoria Greengrass, and her elder brother about her being attracted to those of the same gender. That she wasn't ashamed of her feelings, that she never would be and that there wasn't anything wrong with either of them from being attracted to what would be considered 'untraditional' partners for them both. That people should take more time to be focused on relationships where there was a vast age gap between the couple, one which would mean that one was old enough to be the others parent or even grandparent, in order to maintain blood purity. That they needed to focus more on those kind of people than those who are just loving the people of their own gender. 

Therefore, Ginny had reached the conclusion that Naomi didn't want people to know they were dating because she was embarrassed to be dating a Weasley. Because she didn't want people to know she was dating someone poor. The social classes between the two girls was the most obvious reason that Naomi didn't want others to know about their relationship. And it angered her to no limits. 

Ginny's family could not control how stretched their finances were. They were good people always ready to help others when they needed it. Never judging based on their background. But she knew they were looked down upon for having the purity but not the finances to support themselves. That her father had a low paying job in the ministry. That he wasn't some top dog in control of others. But he was an honest man who loved his family more than anything. Which was more than most of the people Naomi associated with could ever say. More than Naomi could ever say. 

She pondered if Naomi was more caught up on blood purity than she let on. It would make sense considering the way she was raised. That she would have the blood purity god complex going on. Sure Ginny couldn't sense it at the beginning, and she had only got small hints that perhaps there was something there. But it wasn't until she thought upon it more that it seemed to be a reality. Maybe there was much more that Naomi was hiding which went against everything Ginny believed in. 

Yet she couldn't understand why it was wrong that she desired to hold the hand of her girlfriend in public. Why she couldn't just reach over and do it. Sure she had attempted a couple of times only to be pushed away each time and ignored the second someone else was around. Why could they not sit together at the same table like other couples in the school often did? Why couldn't they introduce their best friends and talk amongst each other like they had always been this close to each other? 

And the lack of actual reasoning she got whenever she posed the repetitive question, was no longer going to cut it. Ginny felt hopeless as she pondered on what to do. She wasn't sure she was willing to remain in a relationship where she had to remain secret. She wasn't Juliet. This wasn't some mopey love story, this was real life and in real life you don't keep things like this secret for so long. 

She needed to do something about it, and do something about it at a quick pace. For she wasn't sure just how much longer she could remain like this, questioning everything about their relationship due to a lack of communication.