Chapter Thirty-Three

—Third Person POV.—

After a day chalked full of planning and some much needed rest, nightfall comes quick— Darkness encasing the village with torches being the only light source besides the bright moon.

Beneath the moon light, three shadows move— Dashing behind buildings when any guards pass by on their nightly routine.

They wouldn't want to be seen outside of their house on the night the Night Fury would be released— Or in other words, escape.

After their nap earlier in the day, one by one they had emerged from their rooms— Figuring out where exactly they where keeping (Y/n) by listening in on some gossip and devising a plan.

Of course, finding out where they where keeping (Y/n) wasn't the hard part —Every one had been talking about it, questioning why a dragon would show up during the week of 'no dragons' and a Night Fury none the less.

But aside from that— The three move silently, getting to their destination swiftly and after observing the two guards perched at the entrance of the underground arena, they send nods to each other.

"Good luck." Nejire mutters as she and Mirio pass, leaving Amajiki alone to step out into the light of the moon light.

All the torches had been cut from this area— Besides the one in one of the guards hands.

So when the two suddenly emerged from the side, approaching the guards with the only noise being from their boots kicking some rocks— It startled the men.

"Hey, you're not supposed to be out here." One man starts, voice gruff as they both turn— Holding the torch out to get a look at the two.

With a short glance behind her, Nejire let's out a breathy laugh, falling forward and leaning into the guards arms as he catches her.

"Oh, sorry!" Mirio starts, mainly straying clear of the light as he speaks "My friend here was basking in the Moon festivities and got us a little lost," He explains.

"Can you please show us the campus where class 1-A is stationed?" He questions worriedly, directing the guards away from their posts to turn and point in said direction.

In this case, the big three where willing to throw their first years under the bus— And with the flick of his finger aka the gesture that Amajiki had been waiting for—

The indigo haired boy slides around the corner, using the tip of his axe to wedge in and quietly break off the lock on the door before entering.

Now here was the tricky part— He had never been in this building before— Head tilting up to glance at the open and chained ceiling.

As he walked throughout the building— The inside held a more looked more like what you'd see bulls walk through before entering an arena.

And if this was built like a walkway for bulls— That gate on the opposite end of the hallway seemed to be where they would keep them. So he pushed it open.

Thankfully, no noise echoed off the stone walls as he entered— Now navigating his way through the practically pitch black by dragging his hand along the stone wall.

Through the small, barely noticeable ray of light peaking out at the very bottom— Amajiki was left wondering how they actually managed to drag (Y/n) all the way down here without her blowing anything up.

A large gate waited at the end of the tunnel— The only opening being some smaller bars at the very top that allowed people to look in— And whatever be in the inside, to stare out.

He was thankful for his height— Now being able to glance into the opening with ease.

The inside held a near replica of the arena he had barely helped train the first years in— Large stone walls all around in a circle, except this one didn't have gates and rooms for the dragons inside.