Chapter Thirty-Two

—Third Person POV.—

"There you are!" Nejire called, running up to the indigo haired boy as he stood frozen— Staring as they slammed her head onto the ground.

"Mirio I found him!" The bluette hollered— Causing the blonde to come rushing over.

The two dragged him away from the chaos of the crowds— Ushering him back to the village where they where met with the bustle of townsfolk, he found it easy to ignore their worried words— Head running with enough worries for someone else.

And that's why he didn't notice the glances the two had directed towards each other before nodding— And practically shoving him in to their supposedly temporary house near the tree line.

He stumbled in, head snapping out of his overthinking state to turn and glance at the two blocking the door.

"What—" "Cough it up." Mirio cuts in, pushi  by to get straight to the point for his friend.

"Cough what up? I—" "Something happened to (Y/n) last night during the attack right? You saw something."  Nejire continued, stepping forward to press her words into his brain—

But it just made him grit his teeth, stepping back before shaking his head "I don't.." His voice trailed off.

Glancing up, tears started to well up in his eyes as everything already pushing him down bubbles up like a heated tea kettle— Soon ready to sound off with truth.

He was aware he had been lying to these people— His friends, for a while and he knew how much danger it could've put you in but—

What situation could be worse than this? His mind wanted to weigh the pros and cons but either way, he needed to tell some one.

He needed to lift some of the weight off of his shoulder and the tears now trekking down his cheeks just solidified it all.

Seeing their friend start to break down in front of them— Nejire is the first run to his side, directing him over to the couch so he could sit down.

With words of attempted comfort, the two end up sitting on bother sides as he wipes his face— Earning two hugs in the process as well.

And when he was ready— Nose now puffy with eyes averted to the floor in front of him.

He drew in a shaky breath.

"(Y/n) is a dragon."

Silence.

The twos brows knit together in awkward confusion.

"..Uh, can you repeat that?" Nejire, the girl who usually asked hundreds of questions all at once— Had become speechless as Amajiki hiccuped.

"You mean (Y/n) was taken away by a dragon, right..?" Mirio tried to decipher his friends words but the indigo haired boy just shook his head and sighed.

"No— (Y/n) is the dragon." He emphasized, trying his best to not confuse them more but— By the looks on their faces, the two where completely lost.

He wanted to face palm— "You remember that night, during the weeks we first came here?" Amajiki starts, slowly earning nods between them before he continued.

"And I was assigned to kill that Night Fury?" His voice dimmed near the end— Recalling the memory that now only brought grim thoughts to his being.

"I shot it— And told All Might, but the next day when I went to finish it off I—" He hiccuped again, dragging his palm against his now stinging from crying eyes.

"(Y/n) was there." "(Y/n) was there??" He nodded.

"I shot her down." "But she was a dragon," Nejire continued and he shook his head, sighing again.