8

TW~ Nightmare, Panic

Roman laid there beside the sleeping side just watching as the other breathed. He was concerned. He'd never seen that happen to Virgil before but the other had said it had happened a lot. Roman got the idea of it after a while. Virgil's own anxiety had caused him to have an attack. Something at the meeting had caused Virgil to panic and triggered the attack. Roman was mortified. Honestly and completely appalled that the youngest went through anything like that... repeatedly... and worst still...

That he would have made it worse had he been there at that meeting himself. 

Roman frowned as he laid his head back down and just stared at Virgil's sleeping features. Had Roman never been turned into a cat, he never would have been put into this situation. Virgil was just laying there mouth parted slightly with this soft expression. Roman couldn't help but feel guilty. Sure he didn't exactly like Virgil but he couldn't stand the idea of someone, anyone, especially a fellow side, being in so much pain and not being able to help, or worse be the reason for it. Roman was a prince. His duty was to protect and care for them all. Yet he neglected Virgil simply because he did not like him... he failed to see what was being closed doors.

'I really don't know you at all do I, Anxiety?' Roman sighed as he let his eyes slip shut. He couldn't tell you when he fell asleep but he knew when he woke up. The sound of pained whimpers perked his ears right up as his face scrunched up in concern. 'Anxiety?'

"Help." Roman's eyes opened instantly to see Virgil crying in his sleep. His heart literally shattered at the sight. Virgil's eyes twitched under their lids as he shook and fussed about. He whined as he gripped the blankets tightly unable to lay still or be calm. "H-Help... He-..."

'Anx?!' Roman pushed up onto Virgil's chest trying to put some pressure to hopefully draw him in. The problem was Virgil was sleeping. He was having a nightmare... again. 'Anxiety, it's ok. I'm right here.'  Roman's noticed how rough the guy had it at night. Sure he didn't see it because he had hidden under the bed for pretty much the entire week save for the last few days but... this was the first time he was face to face with it. He'd heard Virgil crying and muttering in his sleep. He did not like this at all. 'Anxiety?'

"No... N-no stop." Roman cringed at the break in Virgil's sleep-lulled voice. Tears slipped from Virgil's eyes mixing with the sweat slicking his skin. Roman didn't know what to do to help. He just wanted it all to stop. Virgil was so young... the youngest out of all of them. Seeing him in so much pain and so scared was jarring. It just broke your heart. "I'm sorry. I'm... I'm not the... I'm not... R-Ro." 

'Anxiety...' Roman could feel himself tearing up. 

"Ro... Don't."

'Shit.' Roman mewled brokenly as he slowly crawled up further till he was lightly nudging Virgil's face with his nose. 'Please, wake up. Whatever I am doing in your dream... I'm sorry. Please... Please wake up?'  Roman whined as he pawed gently at the other's cheek making him scrunch up his face a bit. He meowed loudly hoping to wake him up but all he got in response is a moan of discomfort. 'Anx, please?'

"No... No. No. No." Virgil rolled over making Roman tumble with a short hiss. The cat was quick to jump back into action meowing repeatedly as he pawed at his face.

'Anxiety!'  Virgil started to curl up making Roman growl as his own anxiety started to get the better of him. 'Anxiety, you're ok. You have to wake up.'

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please don't... Please..." Roman whined as he nuzzled against the other giving up on trying to wake Virgil up and just hoping to help calm him any way he knew how. "I'm sorry. R-Rom...Roman. I'm sorry." Roman tail flicked sadly as he curled up tightly against the other nuzzled deep into Virgil's neck as he purred loudly. "I'm... I'm sor... I... R-Ro..."

'Everything is ok, Anxiety. Whatever it is... It's ok.'  Roman wrapped his tail around other's arm as he lightly pressed his paws against the other's chest trying to maximize contact. 'It's going to be ok.'

"I... I, uh..." Virgil sighed softly as his hand slowly moved till he was weakly scratching Roman's back. A soft smile played on his lips as he cuddled into the cat. 

'You ok now, Anxiety?' Roman yowled quietly as he pushed further into the other, nuzzling his nose in an almost circular formation and making Virgil chuckle softly.

"Hush now, Sweet pea. I'm ok." Virgil smiled more as he melted into the sound of Roman's worried purring. "I'm ok. It was just a nightmare. Did I scare you?"

'YES!' Roman whined as he shook some just letting Virgil pet him a bit. To be honest, it did help to calm him down. Roman could only assume it helped Virgil too. Maybe that's what he had meant before... 'I was very concerned. I don't know how to help you, Anxiety.'

"I'm sorry for worrying you, little one. I'm ok. You should go back to sleep. Tomorrow we have a lot of rearranging to do."

'Anxiety?' Roman frowned as he got a bit lost in thought. 'Are you... Are you scared of me? I know I could be a bit harsh with you. And... I can be a bit unforgiving and... negatively vocal. I know that I come across as narcissistic and egotistical but... I'm really not. I... I don't mean to be. Please... tell me.' Roman pushed away enough to look over and see Virgil slowly falling back to sleep. 'Are you really scared of me, Anxiety?'

"Sweet dreams, Sugarpea." Virgil mumbled with slurred speech as he relaxed into the pillow, making Roman sigh. 

'Sweet dreams, Anxiety. I'll stay right here ok? No more nightmares... If I really am that scary... I'll put it to use.' Roman laid himself back down resting his head against the other as he frowned. 'I'll scare all those bad thoughts away.'