Chapter 16 (THE END)

Selena's POV;

Today I got up early and I felt so fresh than ever before. I wore a red t-shirt with black skinny jeans that were not too tight. I wore my soft golden thin necklace that my mother gave to me on my last birthday with her. I also put a bit of makeup because today was going to be the march. The people who were part of the march committee aka me, didn't have any classes today.

All day long, I helped the committee with the march by providing people with the banners and posters that me and Cyrus had made. I waited for Cyrus but he didn't come. I called and messaged him but they were left on unseen. I was becoming worried. Maybe something happened to him. Should I go look for him? Maybe he doesn't want to see me....but why? He said he would come.

The job assigned to me and Cyrus was to give posters and banners to people who would come take part in the march. There was this stall set up at one side for us. I kept looking at the time, hoping he would come sooner. Cyrus did say he would come. Around lunch time, it was too hot and humid, I put my hair into a low bun when I see Riley and Nash approach the stall.

"Hey, need any help?" She asked

"No, it's fine. Thanks." I replied

"Where is Cyrus?" She asked. We both then turn to look at Nash, because he knew the answer.

"Jake and Paul invited him to hangout. They said it's been a week since he last hung out with them. They have this kind of party which was going to start after lunch. I think Cyrus will be back before it starts." He explained

"Wait, he ditched Selena?" Riley said, a scowl appeared on her face

"I don't know. I don't think so. He just went with them because he too felt it's been long since they got together." He shrugged

"Want to go get him? I'm pretty sure Cyrus forgot. Although he's not the type to forget things easily." Riley looked at me

"Is it fine to go and get him?" I inquired, turning to Nash

"Yeah. It's no problem. I happen to know where they would be now. They actually invited me too but I had plans with Riley." His gaze fell on Riley, she blushed, while he grinned. These two are so cute.

"But who will look after the stall?" I looked down at the posters.

"Don't worry, I will handle it. We just need to hand them out, right? You go with Nash." Riley offered me help

"Thank you. I will be right back." I told her, while grabbing my bag

"Come on, let's go." Nash said. He starts walking towards his car, I follow him

Soon we were in front of the apartment building where Cyrus was supposedly. By the time we were there, it was afternoon. Their apartment was a lot far than I had imagined. People were going in and out of the building. There was definitely a party there.

"Come on, let's go find him." Nash spoke, getting out of the car

I, clutching the strap of my bag, get out of the car as well.

We went inside the building and then to the first floor. There were so many people around me. Don't they all have classes or something?
I turn right and left, looking for Cyrus. Where is he?

That's when I heard people cheer,

"Cyrus! Cyrus! Cyrus!"

I turn to the source of the noise and sure enough I see Cyrus standing there drinking. It's not even night yet and I could tell from the look of his face that he had already started to become drunk.